cracked screen

jor-el

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
My wife dropped her Droid and cracked the screen.....anybody know where I can order replacement parts? Ive searched all over.

beloved1228

Jan 19, 2010
www.facebook.com
If you had a warranty on it, take to back to Verizon... If you ha Asurent (sp) take to them... I believe you have a one year warranty from verizon and if you call the 1800 # and get a nice sales rep they will exchange it for you. If that doesnt work threaten to leave. you might have to pay 50 bux but hopefully it will work. Just my two cents. hope that helped

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
the insurance covers stuff like this, not warranty, if you have the insurance on the plan. You might be able to talk your way out but not sure how you could spin it.

cdaiscool#AC

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
tell him hes nuts, its always been at most 50. try calling, if thats what u did then call again or go to the store.

New insurance on Smartphones - it is $90, actually.

OP: Sorry, I haven't heard anything. May want to check eBay or Craigslist for a water-damaged phone?

STR8_3.14MPn

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
New insurance on Smartphones - it is $90, actually.

OP: Sorry, I haven't heard anything. May want to check eBay or Craigslist for a water-damaged phone?

You should go to ebay and search "moto droid digitizer". Digitizers are usually very cheap. You have to dissasemble your droid to install it. Search online or on the forum for a how to! I had to replace one on my old Eternity, it was fairly easy. Good Luck!!

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Still better then paying full retail price: )

What is the monthly premium? 'cause I'd be interested in seeing what the "breakeven" point is... for example, $10 / month + $90 replacement = $210 if you pay all premiums and deductible after a one-year policy and break the phone, it'll cost more than just buying a new one at promo price (if you're eligible). But, if you have to pay full retail.. what is that?? like crazy $400+ or something nuts like that.

How long do you have to have a policy without a claim to actually start spending more to buy a new one rather than get a warranty replacement? It would be wonderful to break the phone when it's only a month old.

Picture this scenario: I paid monthly premiums for 6 months, broke phone, and still had to hand out $90 for a refurb'd replacement and some dope can walk in and shell out $99 (assuming the price comes down once G1 is released) and get a brand new unit.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
you're only eligible for the discount if its start of your contract or you're renewing your contract. If you bust your phone a month after getting it with the contract, you're not eligible for that discount again and the phone would cost retail which is like 500 bucks or more.

by that logic, the insurance will be cheaper if its 10 bucks a month ( i thought it was cheaper than that but i dont really know). most people upgrade their phones after a few years as well and insurance comes in when you lose it or break it usually long before this.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
well... if you're not eligible for promo pricing, then I see the benefit of insurance. Personally, I don't have insurance. But to each his own.

to the OP: sorry to hijack for a second there.. anyone else have thoughts on screen crack fixes?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae