View Poll Results: Have any Droid owners had internet connection problems?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it was a device problem

8 25.00%
  • Yes, it was a verizon network problem

3 9.38%
  • Yes, but it was a Wifi connectivity issue

1 3.13%
  • No, I've been fine since the day i got my droid

21 65.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

Default Droid connection Problem (no 3G or 1x)

The other day on campus i noticed my droid has no connection to the internet. This is a place that i am sure has a great signal, because i have used my phone's internet connection countless times their before. The problem continued as i left campus and went home. so its not a location issue and its not a user error.

my droid no longer shows the 3G symbol at the top and it has never shown a 1x symbol (There is total 3G coverage in my area) . And yes Wifi is off, I merely have no internet connection in an area i am sure has a great 3G signal. but now all i have is the signal bars. so when i try to use the browser, it says no internet connection. Wifi still works, but that is my only source of internet.

I have tried: power cycle, Battery pull, Airplane mode, calling *228 #2,

is their a fix for this problem? or do i have to replace the device?
    Last edited by corydunbar; 01-25-2010 at 11:05 PM.
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Try a factory reset before going into the store. That will fix it.

I had to get a replacement device. New one works great! Factory reset did not work but you could try it.

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWiz/ ParanoidAndroid

Ive had this issue. I did a factory reset and its worked a lot better. I still have the issues from time to time but its nowhere near like it used to be. I would lose service for hours at a time almost everyday. Now I have more of and issue with my text messaging then internet
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

so what it turned out to be was a bad app. I had just recently updated to dolphin browser 2.0. and somehow it turned off my data connectivity. so after i removed it and did a power cycle, all was returned to normal.

I tried to contact dolphin mobile, but they don't respond very often.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II

Sometimes when I'm downtown Chicago. I'll loose my 3g depending, and where in the building I am... Then it becomes really annoying because I'll need to use an app and I can't
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

I've been telling others to ditch the Dolphin browser. I've heard people having nothing but issues with it lately.

Haven't had any problems with the new dolphin update and I use it regular.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Don't use Dolphin, but I haven't had any issues since day one.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2.1 rooted

I have begun to wonder if verizon is working on the network or something. I normally get 3G around where I live and work but here lately it has been a hit or miss. Sometimes at my home I lose my 3G and other times at work I lose it there also. Something seems to be up with the 3G here lately.

Default Re: Droid connection Problem (no 3G or 1x)

Never do a factory reset on a Droid Pro unless you are in direct contact with Verizon. When you do a factory reset, you get a message about losing data and installed programs but they don't tell you that you will lose 3g capabilities. The only way to get it back is by contacting Verizon. I am currently living in Brazil. I did a factory reset without knowing this. Since I am no longer a Verizon customer, I have no way of getting 3g back unless I can found out the code that turns it back on.