droid price drop

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
who thinks the droid will drop in price when the nexus is available on verizon. I have watched for some time now and the droid is getting cheaper all the time on ebay.
With a software update and a cheaper price, how many of you wouls choose the droid over the nexus?

n0dt

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I would still take the Droid over the Nexus. My last two phones were HTC and I hated them both. I love the Motorola Droid.

devarshi

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have nothing against htc, I think they make nice phones. But I'd still buy the Droid I think. I really like this phone. I like having the keyboard available, and I like the looks of the Droid better.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I would still take the Droid over the Nexus. My last two phones were HTC and I hated them both. I love the Motorola Droid.

I agree, Motorola makes a solid phone. I've owned RIM, LG, Nokia, etc, and nothing compares to how solid and durable this phone is. Especially with the problems (in a manner of speaking) the nexus is having, like touch buttons not working, keyboard not responding sometimes, etc.

The price will most likely drop, but that makes the phone even more worth it.

Also, I read this on Giz I think, the Droid has Gorilla Glass. I don't know if anyone has seen that demo from CES, but that is some tough stuff to break, much less scratch.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
what if the verizon nexus is the bravo?

I doubt it. I think it will still be the HTC "Nexus One" with a different radio. Google seems pretty straightforward in pushing this model and keeping standard names. Their site and release mention the Nexus One specifically on Verizon, so I bet it is the same phone.

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
I doubt it. I think it will still be the HTC "Nexus One" with a different radio. Google seems pretty straightforward in pushing this model and keeping standard names. Their site and release mention the Nexus One specifically on Verizon, so I bet it is the same phone.

Ditto. The Nexus One is a Nexus One no matter the carrier. Google wouldn't give 2 different phones the same name. And we already know it will still be called the Nexus One on Verizon Wireless so therefore....it's the same phone but CDMA.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Verizon isn't known for dropping prices unless they want to dump inventory fast. I don't think we'll see any price drops in the near future on a hot seller like the Droid, especially when each unit is $175 to manufacture.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Verizon isn't known for dropping prices unless they want to dump inventory fast. I don't think we'll see any price drops in the near future on a hot seller like the Droid, especially when each unit is $175 to manufacture.

True, especially with the ad campaign put out the past couple months by Big Red. I was thinking they could possibly price drop for something like the HTC Bravo/passion/whatever, but who knows when and where that is arriving.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
guys, i was actually referring to the fact that droids are getting cheaper on ebay. I am aware that they would not discount them at verizon. that wont happen until droid 2 comes out.
i appreciate the advice on which to get. I am not a fan of motorola, for what its worth, so will be more likely to get the nexus. I was hoping someone could compare the droid to the nexus and give me reasons to pay 530 for nexus or 300 for droid.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Not to sure there is a good reason to spend the extra $230 the Droid is a great phone. If Nexus was out on Verizon at the same time I bought the Droid and the same price I would have bought the Nexus just because of the size.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
what do you mean size? are you talking about the width of the nexus to the droid? the only bad thing about the droid for me is the keyboard. I think it looks bad and I would probaly never use it. I do fine on a virtual keyboard. I like the thin width of the nexus but just dont know about the price. The nexus is not exactly getting rave reviews, for the price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech