What Droid Doesn't Do?

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Not that I know of. The SD card is a lot like a USB thumb drive. You can either plug it into the phone, or into your computer. It's not able to route data to two places.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't think so either. But you could listen to slacker, Pandora, last.fm, iheartradio, etc...

Also, if your SD card is mounted because it's plugged into your computer then you could listen to your music on the computer with itunes or windows media player.

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, voice dial is pretty nice to have... Being that my old motorola 710 had it... Ugh...

Be nice to have easier text editing too... It's excruciating on the Droid. And well, maybe a keyboard that's usable.

Be nice to have a battery last more than a few hours..

Not that I'd go back to my BB anythime soon tho... I sure miss a few things about them quite badly.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
JDWX: I'm not sure how long you've been using yours, but you sound like me when I first got my Droid. There were weeks where I'd reactivate and go back to my Touch Pro 2 because I found some of the things you mentioned to be so frustrating. I finally got used to them though and now I'm fulltime Droid. I would suggest Swype and Handcent. They are both great and solved a lot of frustrations I had.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, voice dial is pretty nice to have... Being that my old motorola 710 had it... Ugh...

Be nice to have easier text editing too... It's excruciating on the Droid. And well, maybe a keyboard that's usable.

Be nice to have a battery last more than a few hours..

Not that I'd go back to my BB anythime soon tho... I sure miss a few things about them quite badly.

Swype is a great keyboard replacement.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Swype is a great keyboard replacement.

Eh I have actually gone back to the stock keyboard. Swype was faster, but i'm still pretty decent on the stock, the word prediction is easier to use, its easier to enter a custom word or edit text, and I hate that auto caps is not supported. I know there are ways to swype your finger off the screen for caps, but I still am not a huge fan.

The stock keyboard also looks way better, in my opinion. Not a great reason, but I like it :)

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I sort of switch between stock / swype.

For long messages, email, forum posts - instances when I need to type sentences I use swype. For SMS, browsing and such when it's quick messages without long words and there'll be a lot of shorhand and non-words - I use stock. It is nice having an option.

What Droid doesn't do?.... hmmm??.... make me mad, randomly reboot, require battery pulls, leak memory, use cell tower triangulation and call that inaccurate crap GPS, make me pay for every useful app, anything else? What?... I'm sorry I was distracted by the awesome screen resoltion and couldn't concentrate.

However, seriously -- I do intensely miss auto text (from Blackberry)

Capt_X

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't like that it does not natively support IT policy enforcement and therefore have to pay for a 3rd party app to sync with exchange (although Touchdown is a nice app and better than similar apps available for Blackberry).

This is probably silly, but I wish I had the option to sort contacts by last name.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't like that it does not natively support IT policy enforcement and therefore have to pay for a 3rd party app to sync with exchange (although Touchdown is a nice app and better than similar apps available for Blackberry).

This is probably silly, but I wish I had the option to sort contacts by last name.

No it's not silly! I have 21 contacts with the first name of Richard lol.

simp_10

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
If your contacts are in Gmail/Google, export them to a .csv file. Then open in excel. the first column will be the full name which is what shows up in Contacts on the Droid. Use the Concatenate function in a new column to combine the name as you want it to display (Last, First). Delete the original full name column and replace it with the new. Save the file as a .csv file.

Open Gmail and delete all contacts then import from your new file. The only odd issue left is some of my Facebook contacts still show up first/last but this must pull directly from FB.

Should take 5 minutes.

Capt_X

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
If your contacts are in Gmail/Google, export them to a .csv file. Then open in excel. the first column will be the full name which is what shows up in Contacts on the Droid. Use the Concatenate function in a new column to combine the name as you want it to display (Last, First). Delete the original full name column and replace it with the new. Save the file as a .csv file.

Open Gmail and delete all contacts then import from your new file. The only odd issue left is some of my Facebook contacts still show up first/last but this must pull directly from FB.

Should take 5 minutes.

I actually went through my gmail contact and just switched them all to Last, First. I only have about 100 contacts so it wasn't that bad, but still, having the option to sort by last name so I don't have to do that would be nice.

Capt_X

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
The only odd issue left is some of my Facebook contacts still show up first/last but this must pull directly from FB.

I had the same problem after I changed my contacts to Last,First except some of my FB contacts remained Last,First and some changed back to First/Last. Could not figure out why FB contacts were treated differently. I ended up removing my FB account and now I have no pictures for my contacts. I can live without them I suppose. This worked very nicely on BB so it is unfortunate I can't get it to work the same way on my Droid. Oh well, the phone has a lot of good things that outweigh the bad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad