Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Default The DVD to DROID Converter is now available.

Good Morning,

Just thought I would let the Android Central community know that the DVD to DROID project I have been working on for a while is now available.

The DVD to DROID program is now in Public Beta and you can get the beta version by visiting this link:

It took a little longer to get done then originally hoped, but seems to work pretty well. Please check it out and if you encounter any bugs, please report them by using post in the Help menu in the program.

EDIT:
    I think i took care of the 64 bit Windows problem. Can someone please test it out and post your findings? - Thanks

Thanks and have a great day.
    Last edited by dotheweb; 01-26-2010 at 05:20 PM.
    dotheweb.net
    Home of the Free DVD to DROID Video Converter!
    http://www.dotheweb.net/dvd-to-droid
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Nice work & I'm looking forward to trying it out! Is this program specifically for the Moto Droid?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Yes, I wrote it to be Droid specific. It has the droid screen resolution already programmed in and knows to search for your Droid when it is done to copy directly over. All you have to do is mount your droid either during conversion, or it will ask you to connect when it is finished.

Enjoy!
    dotheweb.net
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Thanks for the clarification. I only asked because I was going to move it to the apps section if it worked for other devices. But since it's Droid specific, it's right where it needs to be. I have high hopes for this and will give you some feedback later today, starting with "500 Days of Summer".

Nice I will have to try this out.

Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I hate to sound dumb, but what does this do?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

It essentially will convert your favorite DVD movie so you can view it on your Droid phone. With emphasis on being easy to use.
    dotheweb.net

Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I hate to sound dumb, but what does this do?

I didn't double post intentionally. Safari is acting stupid today.

I can't wait to try this tonight after work!

Where is the download link?

Nevermind, found it.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSTi View Post
    Where is the download link?

Nevermind, found it.
    I dont see the link to dload.

You have to fill out the form, then they email it to you. Im still waiting for the email.
    The bending unit

ROM
    Stock (so far)

Sweet deal.
    Now just waiting for the dl link via email.
    Droid -{+_+}- Razr
    http://squintzy.mybrute.com

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Ok thanks ......filling out form now.

I signed up. Good stuff. I'll download some kids movies and make family road trips much more entertaining for my 6-year old. AND save a bunch of $$ from not needing to buy a portable DVD player. Thanks
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I signed up thanks for posting : )

Downloaded and tried converting "Shrek" I got a jumbled screen of a mess and the sound was choppy. I took the diss out and thought, "oh well... didn't work, at least it was free, uninstall." Then I looked at the disc. I think my 6 year old used it for a dinner plate. My god, how do kids get things SOOOO dirty and disgusting. Cleaned it and put it back in ---- viola, downloading as we speak (errrrr.. as we type and read).

I was not prepared for how long this takes.. wow, 16 minutes in and accorinding to the progress bar, I'm only about 5% done. I have nothing to compare this to as I've never converted a DVD before. Is this normal? Does it actually play the whole movie in the background?

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Ripping and converting DVDs is not a quick process but well worth the wait. I usually try to start one before I go to sleep or work and just let it go.
    Blackberry Curve ---> OG Droid ---> Samsung Fascinate ---> back to Droid--->Thunderbolt--->Galaxy S3

When I rip movies onto my MacBook pro it usually takes about 40 minutes or so fir a full length movie.
    OG Droid > Moto Droid 3.

wow, had no idea it took this long.

I'm one hour in and it says on top that there is 360 minutes remaining (??!!??!!!) that's 6 HOURS!!. I actually don't doubt that estimate as accurate. The progress bar looks to be only about 10% down. Oh, well... what else was I doing tonight?

Well, 20 minutes later, the progress bar hasn't moved and the time remaining INCREASED 37 minutes to say I now have 397 minutes remaining.

I think it's not gonna work... I'm gonna walk away and come back in a few hours and see what's up.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Well, 20 minutes later, the progress bar hasn't moved and the time remaining INCREASED 37 minutes to say I now have 397 minutes remaining.

I think it's not gonna work... I'm gonna walk away and come back in a few hours and see what's up.
    Depending on the speed of the PC, I found in my tests - it usually took as long as the movie, or a little shorter. If the program is having trouble reading a disc, then it will really slow down the progress. How many FPS are you getting? I had one disc that was scratched, and it would go down to 7-10 fps when it arrived at the scratched portion, which is extremely slow.
    dotheweb.net

nice program, i converted borat but how come the movie doesn't take up my entire droid screen? Shouldnt the application be optimized to make the movie take up the entire droid screen?

Doesnt seem to work for me, im running Window's 7. It says it converted it and put it on my Droid but it's just a 1 second clip all black. The conversion took about 3 seconds. Something just isnt right...
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ridavid81 View Post
    nice program, i converted borat but how come the movie doesn't take up my entire droid screen? Shouldnt the application be optimized to make the movie take up the entire droid screen?
    I believe the Droid resolution is best suited for 16:9 videos. If your movie is standard screen size (4:3), then you will have black bars on the sides. If the movie is cinematic widescreen (2.39:1), then you will have bars on the top and bottom.

I did not want to do any cropping or stretching at this time. If I set all to 16:9 then some movies would have that 'stretch' effect.
    dotheweb.net
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast