The DVD to DROID Converter is now available.

dotheweb

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Good Morning,

Just thought I would let the Android Central community know that the DVD to DROID project I have been working on for a while is now available.

The DVD to DROID program is now in Public Beta and you can get the beta version by visiting this link: DVD to DROID

It took a little longer to get done then originally hoped, but seems to work pretty well. Please check it out and if you encounter any bugs, please report them by using post in the Help menu in the program.

EDIT:
I think i took care of the 64 bit Windows problem. Can someone please test it out and post your findings? - Thanks

Thanks and have a great day.

Last edited:

dotheweb

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I wrote it to be Droid specific. It has the droid screen resolution already programmed in and knows to search for your Droid when it is done to copy directly over. All you have to do is mount your droid either during conversion, or it will ask you to connect when it is finished.

Enjoy!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification. I only asked because I was going to move it to the apps section if it worked for other devices. But since it's Droid specific, it's right where it needs to be. I have high hopes for this and will give you some feedback later today, starting with "500 Days of Summer". :)

dotheweb

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
It essentially will convert your favorite DVD movie so you can view it on your Droid phone. With emphasis on being easy to use.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I signed up. Good stuff. I'll download some kids movies and make family road trips much more entertaining for my 6-year old. AND save a bunch of $$ from not needing to buy a portable DVD player. Thanks

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded and tried converting "Shrek" I got a jumbled screen of a mess and the sound was choppy. I took the diss out and thought, "oh well... didn't work, at least it was free, uninstall." Then I looked at the disc. I think my 6 year old used it for a dinner plate. My god, how do kids get things SOOOO dirty and disgusting. Cleaned it and put it back in ---- viola, downloading as we speak (errrrr.. as we type and read).

I was not prepared for how long this takes.. wow, 16 minutes in and accorinding to the progress bar, I'm only about 5% done. I have nothing to compare this to as I've never converted a DVD before. Is this normal? Does it actually play the whole movie in the background?

simp_10

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Ripping and converting DVDs is not a quick process but well worth the wait. I usually try to start one before I go to sleep or work and just let it go.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
wow, had no idea it took this long.

I'm one hour in and it says on top that there is 360 minutes remaining (??!!??!!!) that's 6 HOURS!!. I actually don't doubt that estimate as accurate. The progress bar looks to be only about 10% down. Oh, well... what else was I doing tonight?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae