Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Battery drain

    So this past week and a half my battery has been draining like nothing. The last app I downloaded was screenmodewidget and I have since uninstalled it but the battery still drains way more than usual. I previously had no problem getting through a day but now it won't hold a charge for even half a day with moderate use. And if I fully charge it before I sleep, it is completely dead when I wake up around 8:30. The GPS icon stays up in my notification bar all of the time and it never used to be there all the time. It would just show up when I used maps and then later go away. I know I can turn GPS off but then I have to go in and turn it on all the time. I never had this problem a week ago. Anyone have any idea what I did? Thanks in advance!
  2. #2  

    Default

    check what programs are toning via phone status. narrow down what is using your fps and change the settings for that program. chances are,, its a regular program with a weird setting.
    Droid---[ROM] Bugless Beast V1.0, Nextheme, Bekit 800mhz kernel!
    Proper Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance!
  3. #3  

    Default

    Under settings, About Phone, Battery Usage, it should tell you what's using the highest percentage of the battery, check it after it's been running off the charger for awhile.
    Matt
    --------------------
    Current Phone:Motorola Droid
  4. #4  
    thebizz's Avatar
    phone addict

    Posts
    3,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

    Default

    What Widgets do you have on your home screen and if they have geolocation turn that off and manually put in your location. The other thing is backup your phone then do a factory reset I could. Be an apparently doing it. But that's doubtful last take it to Verizon and tell them you think you have a bad battery
    Rooted for life
  5. #5  
    TGuy's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

    Default

    Don't know if this helps but if u have a task mgr installed, remove it and see I that helps. I used to wake up and find my phone dead after 3 or 4 hrs of sleep then I read in another thread about task
    mgrs becoming a problem for a few different reasons and one of them happened to be battery draining. Once I uninstalled the one I had, my battery life improved greatly.
  6. #6  
    TGuy's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

    Default

    Don't know if this helps but if u have a task mgr installed, remove it and see I that helps. I used to wake up and find my phone dead after 3 or 4 hrs of sleep then I read in another thread about task
    mgrs becoming a problem for a few different reasons and one of them happened to be battery draining. Once I uninstalled the one I had, my battery life improved greatly.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Oddly enough my battery has seemed to drain a lot quicker lately too.

    Probably just because of my usage being constant though
  8. #8  
    Roy Aguilera
    Roy Aguilera's Avatar
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    Under settings, About Phone, Battery Usage, it should tell you what's using the highest percentage of the battery, check it after it's been running off the charger for awhile.
    I would check that first.
    Then I would turn GPS off and back on. Sometimes phones have a brain fart.
    If that does not fix it. I would post what apps I am running so that we can help you better.
  9. #9  
    sethjk's Avatar

    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    ROM
    Miui 1.1.7.0,

    Default

    i had one day where my battery was dead by noon but I think it was because I changed a setting in newsrob and it was syncing much more frequently. All's well again
    gtalk: Sethjk
  10. #10  

    Default

    I used to have some widgets updating pretty frequently - like every 30 minutes. Also used to have weather updating very frequently. I switched the settings to update widgets and weather to only update every 2 hours. I saw my battery life improve - that might be your culprit, check those settings.
  11. #11  
    Zorro1's Avatar

    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    973 Global Posts

    Default

    Or it could be something as sublime as Marine Compass! It's a beautiful little app with a gimballed compass, just cool to look at and seems to magically know which way is which even without gps on! But after installing it, my battery drained crazy fast. And then they sent an update explaining that even when it wasn't on, it was sucking on the battery in the background. Who knows why? Behind the green curtain, strange things go on.
  12. #12  
    rb68's Avatar

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

    Default

    I was having a hellacious battery drain recently. Turned off the GPS and that seemed to stop the drain. It may be a coincidence, but it seemed to start about the same time Google rolled out the Near Me Now link on their home page. It seems like the GPS and browser never stopped trying to locate me...
  13. #13  
    j-radcapp's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

    Default

    Do you use Task Killer? If not I recommend it... I use it and my battery last around 48 hrs with fairly heavy use.
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rb68 View Post
    I was having a hellacious battery drain recently. Turned off the GPS and that seemed to stop the drain. It may be a coincidence, but it seemed to start about the same time Google rolled out the Near Me Now link on their home page. It seems like the GPS and browser never stopped trying to locate me...
    indeed this is a bug. if you leave browser on the default google home page, it's happened to me a bunch of times, especially if you're inside. GPS seems to continually try to get a lock and never stops. Eventually sometimes the OS kills the browser process if it needs resources but this is defintely one thing that would do it. Until they fix the "bug", i would change your default hoem page or just remember not to leave the browser on it. or of course turn off gps unless ya need it.
  15. #15  
    Zorro1's Avatar

    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    973 Global Posts

    Default

    Do see the warnings on using Task Killer(s).
  16. #16  
    thebizz's Avatar
    phone addict

    Posts
    3,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

    Default

    i feel bad for you i'm overclocked at 110ghz and ive been pounding on my phone since 6am and im now at 40% but thats about average for me
    Rooted for life
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    i feel bad for you i'm overclocked at 110ghz and ive been pounding on my phone since 6am and im now at 40% but thats about average for me
    how did you pull that off???
  18. #18  
    thebizz's Avatar
    phone addict

    Posts
    3,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

    Default

    i have no idea i guess i have a great battery next for me is the extended bat
    Rooted for life
  19. #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dagostin View Post
    indeed this is a bug. if you leave browser on the default google home page, it's happened to me a bunch of times, especially if you're inside. GPS seems to continually try to get a lock and never stops. Eventually sometimes the OS kills the browser process if it needs resources but this is defintely one thing that would do it. Until they fix the "bug", i would change your default hoem page or just remember not to leave the browser on it. or of course turn off gps unless ya need it.
    I think this is probably what is happening to me..

    Is there a signal/sign at the top that means the phone is using/searching GPS?
  20. #20  
    thebizz's Avatar
    phone addict

    Posts
    3,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

    Default

    yes you will see the little gps icon flashing on the notification bar looks the same as the one in the power control widget
    Rooted for life
  21. #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j-radcapp View Post
    Do you use Task Killer? If not I recommend it... I use it and my battery last around 48 hrs with fairly heavy use.
    Absolutely not. Do not need it. The app will cause your phone to lock up/freeze. Do not need a task manager at all.
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    yes you will see the little gps icon flashing on the notification bar looks the same as the one in the power control widget
    Thats what I thought..

    I pretty much only see it when I use the navigation.. which is normal.
  23. #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kylekoz17 View Post
    So this past week and a half my battery has been draining like nothing. The last app I downloaded was screenmodewidget and I have since uninstalled it but the battery still drains way more than usual. I previously had no problem getting through a day but now it won't hold a charge for even half a day with moderate use. And if I fully charge it before I sleep, it is completely dead when I wake up around 8:30. The GPS icon stays up in my notification bar all of the time and it never used to be there all the time. It would just show up when I used maps and then later go away. I know I can turn GPS off but then I have to go in and turn it on all the time. I never had this problem a week ago. Anyone have any idea what I did? Thanks in advance!
    Also...check your screen timeout settings (settings>>>sound & display>>>under Display settings is Screen timeout) My battery seamed to be draining quickly when I noticed that I had mine accidentally set on 30 minutes !! When I put the phone down now I make it a habit to hit the lock (top button) to shut off the display. Hope this helps.
  24. #24  
    Zorro1's Avatar

    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    973 Global Posts

    Default

    The gps will be the biggest drain of all. You really shouldn't use that without a power plug....and then fire up Trapster. The lights dim.
  25. #25  

    Default

    A task killer may help in determining which app is tying up the GPS (but shouldn't really be used after that). Sort that out as the GPS will definitely kill you battery very quickly. If you still have battery issues, check the battery info screen once you've resolved the GPS issue.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B