E-Mail not syncing?
01-30-2010 11:20 AM
- I've got 2 gmail accounts attached to my phone. I'm getting notifications from twitter but actual e-mail will not sync unless I hit refresh. I received 6 emails last night and had to refresh both of my accounts for them to show up. Anybody else experiencing this? Unrooted and I'm in a good signal area.01-29-2010 10:58 AM
- I've been having this problem since I got my phone, especially with non-gmail accounts, but even with gmail sometimes. Very disappointing. I spoke to customer service, but if you clear and recreate the account it will work (if only briefly) and that's their only solution, so when it stops automatically downloading messages within a couple days, I'm back at square one. Not sure what to do.01-29-2010 11:20 AM
- I've seen reports about this, but unfortunately it's not an extremely common thing. The verdict is in fact still out as to whether its a bug with the software/firmware or its some other application/task killer or state that causes this. It can be caused if you have a gmail account open on say your computer which refreshes and finds the new mail first, but that case would probably be recognized and thus isn't the cause for most people.
Try going to settings -> applications -> manage apps -> menu option -> filter -> all. Then find Gmail and Gmail Storage. For both, click the clear data button. NOTE: This is 100% safe, it does NOT kill your accounts and you do NOT have to resign up your google accounts on the phone. It simply kills the data. This maybe help.
Also, make sure you dont have a task killer blowing away important processes.
The 4 day setting is in the gmail app itself in account settings. And that is for how many days to synch with. That is NOT the same thing as having the email pushed to your account immediately. Synching is to a process that runs periodically and synchs up the inboxes (i.e. if your phone was off for 2 days, when powered on, synch will bring over even old/seen emails.01-29-2010 12:32 PM
- The native email client is a dud. Besides not syncing according to the schedule it doesn't delete from the IMAP server when deleted on the Droid.
Haven't found anything else that works any better.
I think people are just hacking at the Gmail app and it doesn't handle the IMAP protocol properly so all these clients branched from it don't work.
Still waiting for a real IMAP client.01-29-2010 01:42 PM
- I think the most important thing the DAGOSTIN mentions is make sure your TASK KILLER is not killing the wrong apps. I was having the exact same issue with email not syncing and even called VZW which afterwards it worked briefly then stopped then stopped again. Finally, it struck me to stop my task killer then, I did a battery pull and everything works as it should to date. I hope this helps, and ALWAYS perform a battery pull after you make changes......01-30-2010 08:20 AM
- You're from the Blackberry world aren't you? I was too. I'm slowly learning a battery pull is only needed when it locks up (which is rare).
I ditched the task killer after 3 days of owning the phone and haven't looked back. My battery life is much improved. Oddly enough, the e-mail issue didn't come up when I ran the task killer and killed off every process. My battery life was abysmal though.
To fix my e-mail problem I just went to settings > accounts & sync and checked Auto-Sync back on which had inexplicably been shut off. So far e-mail is the one area I feel blackberry bests Android but I'll gladly take every other feature Android offers in exchange for this problem once in a while.01-30-2010 11:20 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Motorola Droid
E-Mail not syncing?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD