Buttons aren't visible in low-light

tStorm

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

Not sure if others are having similar issues, but for some reason, the bottom buttons will not light up in the dark. I've definitely messed with the display settings, but it no worky.

What will happen is I'll hit the unlock button, it'll turn on for a split second then turn off. This is in the dark. Just a little annoying not being able to see the buttons (of course by now I know where they are...)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

t

mjones73

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I believe you need auto brightness turned on for them to come on in the dark and stay on... I'd need to test it myself to confirm that though..

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't matter if auto brightness is on or not, they're tied to the sensor anyway. I think something must be wrong with your light sensor, did you turning it on and off again?

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Mine is the same way. My buttons will light up if I use a flashlight app and then close it. A few other apps will activate the buttons too. I haven't always had this problem, but I'm not sure what I did to cause it. I started noticing it after I tried the 2.1 photo album and home screen. I'm hoping this issue fixes itself when the official 2.1 gets released.

dadman#AC

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone taken the phone back to Verizon with this issue? If so, what was their response?

I have the same problem and agree it is annoying when trying to use the phone in low light situations.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
foe me this happens to me always on initial boot. If i power on the phone and proceed to use it (without letting the screen turn off and back on), then the soft keys never light up, regardless of settings. This started happening after the 2.0.1 update. Fortunately as soon as the screen times out and turns off and back on for me, the lights start working properly so its really a non issue in my case. If you've messed with all the settings and are sure you have no apps that might mess with it, def take it in.

tStorm

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the comments guys.

My phone isn't rooted, but I did manually update my phone to 2.0.1. Anyone with this issue manually update their phone? Shouldn't make a difference, but...

I'll probably take it in tomorrow and see what they say. I'll post my experience here. Again, it's just a little thing because I know where the buttons are, but why not get everything working correctly? Coming from the Storm, I'm tired of work-arounds and "dealing" with issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084