How do I unlock phone without using touchscreen?

SusanHome

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
There has to be a plan B built into this phone that I love so much. My touchscreen just stopped working and there is no way to unlock it using the D-pad? I have tried soft reset in a number of ways and no luck. Please hurry, before an i-phone person see's my droid is not working!

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
SusanHome -- See my post in your previous thread.

If you are not password protected, and use the default lock app the magnet thing I talked about in your other thread will work. I used a small round magnet on my test, and it worked fine.

SusanHome

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I tried the magnet which worked to unlock the phone...thank you. However...it is almost impossible to navigate the phone from the keypad. UGH! On to my own plan b!

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
What is plan b?

Where you able to get your text msg? You wont be able to really use your phone with just the d-pad but you should be able to read that one text you wanted to read

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Question.... Why was this started as a new thread? One of the main reasons I like this forum is that it is uncluttered. I'm not a moderator and not trying to police it or be mean to a new member .... but please!!! what was the point of starting this new thread?

Exact same issue, same member, 2 threads started (insert disgusted sigh here)... that's just.... annoying.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Or you could install one of the custom 2.1 releases...if I remember correctly one of them had a bug where if you slid open the keyboard it unlocked the screen.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
exactly. root, backup, unroot/restore to default 2.0.1 and return. Which can all be done easily without using the touch screen. Then root and restore the image on the new one. There are backup apps in the market for sms, etc but I'd hate to try any of that with a borked screen.

SusanHome

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone! The magnet was a great idea, except the keypad only gets you so far. Verizon and Motorolla have never geard of the screen not working...Verizon is sending me a new phone.

And Prometheus...sorry to be annoying to you. It was late, I was frustrated and on several chat/forums.

Angela Kaye Mason

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
For the Droid 2 Global, simple swipe a magnet across the back...it will place the phone in "dock mode." You can then use your phone using the keyboard. Aggravating, but works until you can get a new phone.

tina 12

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
There has to be a plan B built into this phone that I love so much. My touchscreen just stopped working and there is no way to unlock it using the D-pad? I have tried soft reset in a number of ways and no luck. Please hurry, before an i-phone person see's my droid is not working!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20