Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I unlock phone without using touchscreen?

There has to be a plan B built into this phone that I love so much. My touchscreen just stopped working and there is no way to unlock it using the D-pad? I have tried soft reset in a number of ways and no luck. Please hurry, before an i-phone person see's my droid is not working!

The touch screen is broken? I believe you're SOL til you get a new phone then...
    Matt
    --------------------
    Current Phone:Motorola Droid
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,029 Global Posts

SusanHome -- See my post in your previous thread.

If you are not password protected, and use the default lock app the magnet thing I talked about in your other thread will work. I used a small round magnet on my test, and it worked fine.
    Thanked by:
    jhismo 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I tried the magnet which worked to unlock the phone...thank you. However...it is almost impossible to navigate the phone from the keypad. UGH! On to my own plan b!
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,029 Global Posts

What is plan b?

Where you able to get your text msg? You wont be able to really use your phone with just the d-pad but you should be able to read that one text you wanted to read

Question.... Why was this started as a new thread? One of the main reasons I like this forum is that it is uncluttered. I'm not a moderator and not trying to police it or be mean to a new member .... but please!!! what was the point of starting this new thread?

Exact same issue, same member, 2 threads started (insert disgusted sigh here)... that's just.... annoying.

root, install sprecovery, backup system. Then steal someone else's droid and restore your image.

Or you could install one of the custom 2.1 releases...if I remember correctly one of them had a bug where if you slid open the keyboard it unlocked the screen.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    root, install sprecovery, backup system. Then steal someone else's droid and restore your image.
    Yes. Lets root and break the warranty so he has to pay in order to replace his phone.
    nox
    Retired Super Moderator

Global Posts
    1,370 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CyD13 View Post
    Yes. Lets root and break the warranty so he has to pay in order to replace his phone.
    Or you can revert back to stock so he never broke his warranty.

exactly. root, backup, unroot/restore to default 2.0.1 and return. Which can all be done easily without using the touch screen. Then root and restore the image on the new one. There are backup apps in the market for sms, etc but I'd hate to try any of that with a borked screen.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Thanks everyone! The magnet was a great idea, except the keypad only gets you so far. Verizon and Motorolla have never geard of the screen not working...Verizon is sending me a new phone.

And Prometheus...sorry to be annoying to you. It was late, I was frustrated and on several chat/forums.
    GR2

Default Re: How do I unlock phone without using touchscreen?

good news for you

Unhappy Re: How do I unlock phone without using touchscreen?

WHat MAgnet thing?
    please explain.
    I'm having same problem

Default Re: How do I unlock phone without using touchscreen?

try Download MyPhoneExplorer for me works like a charm, lock unlock, install, uninstall and more, I have gingerbread 2.3.5