Gorilla glass fail!!!

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So, I dropped my phone last night at work and when I picked it up and turned it over I seen my screen shattered. It is spider-webbed from the top left part of the screen to the middle right side. It still works like a champ though, I was really surprised!! Has anyone else shattered their screens? I've dropped it many times before but this must of been the breaking point, literally.

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend who broke his in his backpack. He had a screen protector so I think he still uses it that way.

I've dropped mine a dozen times at least, no breaking at all. One time I dropped it, it gouged the metal bezel and even bent it into the screen a little but no breaking.

racermech

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Mine has been cracked for months. It landed on the lower right corner and is shattered pretty well. Still works perfect. I was going o buy a new glass and replace it myself, but I have just not done it yet, and the fact I kinda want a new phone anyways.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
So, I dropped my phone last night at work and when I picked it up and turned it over I seen my screen shattered. It is spider-webbed from the top left part of the screen to the middle right side. It still works like a champ though, I was really surprised!! Has anyone else shattered their screens? I've dropped it many times before but this must of been the breaking point, literally.

I did not read past your OP. Gorilla glass is Glass! It will act like it too. It resist scratching better than anything I have ever had, been naked for 4 years. I dropped a droid and destroyed the GLASS because it fell from my truck, lifted over a foot. It is what is is, not Jesus. Drop it, break it. Key it, not so much...from your opinionated a hole.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I did not read past your OP. Gorilla glass is Glass! It will act like it too. It resist scratching better than anything I have ever had, been naked for 4 years. I dropped a droid and destroyed the GLASS because it fell from my truck, lifted over a foot. It is what is is, not Jesus. Drop it, break it. Key it, not so much...from your opinionated a hole.

Maybe if you would of read past my OP you wouldn't look like such a d-bag...because I was referencing how it is shattered and still works like nothing is even wrong with it...good job cool guy with a truck, lifted over a foot...and I really hope you haven't been naked for 4 years, don't your neighbors think your a little strange?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Maybe if you would of read past my OP you wouldn't look like such a d-bag...because I was referencing how it is shattered and still works like nothing is even wrong with it...good job cool guy with a truck, lifted over a foot...and I really hope you haven't been naked for 4 years, don't your neighbors think your a little strange?

Relax broskie! No point to, I have researched the G glass in depth. I know its thresholds. But it is glass! Drop it, it acts like glass! Gorilla or not. Gorilla glass stands out to average wear and tear, and is hell of a scratch resistant beast. Drop it though, it chips, I know, I have. That is it, cover it with plastic, and prevent a spider when dropped ,but plastic is a piss poor scratch protector cause the G glass does already....douche not applied.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

PS I sold the truck and got a Legacy AWD, much happier with a boxer.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Relax broskie! No point to, I have researched the G glass in depth. I know its thresholds. But it is glass! Drop it, it acts like glass! Gorilla or not. Gorilla glass stands out to average wear and tear, and is hell of a scratch resistant beast. Drop it though, it chips, I know, I have. That is it, cover it with plastic, and prevent a spider when dropped ,but plastic is a piss poor scratch protector cause the G glass does already....douche not applied.

Yeah, I'am aware that it's glass...just stating the fact that it is spidered and works fine! Regular soda-lime glass would of just shattered and fell into a hundred pieces.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'am aware that it's glass...just stating the fact that it is spidered and works fine! Regular soda-lime glass would of just shattered and fell into a hundred pieces.

You sir are the lucky one....glad a GG spider cracked class is functional to avert repair..lucky! Rock on Guy! I wish that would have happened to mine, I would have finished those texts on the way to VZW..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm