Preparing SD Card: Checking for errors

Wolfy

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting that constantly since I unmounted it and unplugged the usb this morning.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

-M

G

GenericMessage

Did you "re-mount" the card? Or did you just pull the plug?

G

GenericMessage

No no, not the answer I was looking for :)

You plug in the Droid via usb to a computer.
Pull down the status bar.
MOUNT the microSDHC card.
Fiddle with any files you need to.
UN-MOUNT the microSDHC card.
Then you un-plug.

If you failed to Un-mount it (re-mounting to the phone), then you could have corrupted the card rather easily.

Wolfy

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Generic Message,

Yes, that's what i meant by unmount. Thanks for clarifying.

I couldn't repeat the process because the phone would not access the sd card. I connected it to the computer with an sd card reader.

-M

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
No no, not the answer I was looking for :)

You plug in the Droid via usb to a computer.
MOUNT the microSDHC card.
Fiddle with any files you need to.
UN-MOUNT the microSDHC card.
Then you un-plug.

If you failed to Un-mount it (re-mounting to the phone), then you could have corrupted the card rather easily.

Really? you have to "unmount"? -- I wasn't aware of that. I just unplugged and went on with life, thanks for the heads up, I'll unmount from now on.

cwescapexlt4x4

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
So this is my issue now, i am pretty certain (maybe i unplugged too soon after un-mount) but now my Droid and isn't reading my SD... and to make matters worse my wife got the upgrade this am to 2.2 and I am unable to do anything....

When I plug in my droid, windows "dings" that a drive plugged in, but I can't choose mount on the droid and windows doesn't see it as a drive. I have to get an adaptor to use/read the microSDHC card in my card reader... and I have a headache today too.. :(

golfer35

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Problem with Droid X - Preparing SD Card

New to Android and reading a little bit about the mount/unmount situation.

I understand that I need to mount the card so my PC can read the SD card and unmount it when done so the X can read it again.

When I plug my phone into the PC, the USB connection notification comes appears, then I select USB Mass Storage. It will open up the window to view the files as a normal external drive.

I can start to move files to the SD card, but then it's like the computer or the SD card refreshes, and I start over again with the USB connection notification on the X, and a window popping up asking me to "Open folder to view files" on my PC. What's the deal?

I've tried formatting the SC card...same issue returns.

Jertu

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have another answer to the first question? I have tried everything I can think of and it still doesnt solve the problem. Whenever I plug my Droid X into my computer via the USB, it keeps saying "preparing SD card" over and over and keeps saying "droid" non stop. I have even put it to USB debug and that seemed to make it worse. Also, while it is "preparing the card" you cannot unmount it as it keeps blinking on and off. I have to unplug my phone to unmount but that solves nothing. Also, the SD card when I put it into my computer on its own seems to work fine and I was able to pull my data from it.

From everything I am gathering, it looks like the issue may be that I have over 3G of music on it. I am going to erase some now but does anyone have a fix or a program for this? Seems like a lot of people are having this issue.

I really like the Droid but man, there are still a ton of issues with this phone!

strizzle

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a samsung epic on android 2.1. I used to have the sd card damaged problem. I had to backup everyday for fear of losing information. I saw on one forum a note about upgrading to a Class 4 sd card. I went to frys and they only had class 10 in 16gb (about $40). I purchased and I have not had this problem since!!!

Problem: SD Card error

Problem Solved: Trash the Class 2 sd card that came with the phone and get class 4 or higher.

Woohoo!

sd card damage - Android Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis