Ford Sync and Droid....no navigation

bryceut

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2010 Lincoln. I can successfully sync my Droid for bluetooth and contacts. When I say "services" and "directions". It works to that point. When I give the address the service says "getting your location". Over half the time this fails. Occasionally it gets my location then it says 'downloading" and it never goes beyond that. The phone stays connected and nothing gets downloaded. I tried this with two droids to no luck. Anyone have a suggestion? (Note: I do have the GPS on)

Dr.G

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Since I work for Acura I am curious about your issue because in an Acura your phone is only needed to make calls via hands free link. Any navigation is done through the navigation built into the vehicle. So does your Lincoln have a navigation screen? Are you giving these commands to the phone or the vehicle? And if your trying to use your phone for navigation why do you have the GPS turned off? Also what " Droid " do you have? Note the Lincoln website for bluetooth is terrible compared to Acura's. Maybe you should just get an Acura lol...

Nanjoj

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem, my dealer has replaced the GPS thinking that would help. But TDI still cannot find my car and if it does the downloading takes forever. Also, if I want to use the navigation on my droid the maps appear on the phone but no audio navigaiton! Argggggg! I am afraid it may be verizon or the droid phone I have. I will be able to upgrade phone soon but which phone should I buy? I need to know what phones will work with 2010 fusion. The list at syncmyride hasn't been updated since 2010!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20