Going back to stock before update?

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Ill be waiting to see what this upgrade includes... im on sholes right now over clocked with the milestone mt browser and all the 2.1 goodies besides live wallpapers (im likin the cover flow smoked glass music player too). Based on the rumors it looks like this update wont be what we all originally hoped for so there might be no reason for those of us who rooted to go back to stock.

Ignitros

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
What would you folks here say as the best ROM available? I've heard Sholes 2.0.3 and I've also been told Bugless Beast. I kinda want to try out something that is overlocked a bit... maybe to say 900mhz or 1.1ghz if it's stable.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I ask you guys this, I have a Droid 2.0.1, It is rooted, but not on a different ROM. So am i in need to unroot my phone? or is it still going to receive the OTA update? I literally have done nothing to my OS except for the initial rooting.

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
What would you folks here say as the best ROM available? I've heard Sholes 2.0.3 and I've also been told Bugless Beast. I kinda want to try out something that is overlocked a bit... maybe to say 900mhz or 1.1ghz if it's stable.

I prefer the sholes one.... when you boot it up you get a ton of options about what you do and dont want and it has the option to automatically delete certain apps like corporate calendar. You can choose things like the milestone multitouch browser, which gallery and which music app you want, and if you want a smoked glass skin over some widgets and the notifications shade. It comes with wifi teether and can be over clocked, I love it.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Its a toss between the two the pros of the sholes rom is the options during the install process the pro for BB is the stability its going to run good and not give you issues. Bb is what the Droid should have been released as. Sholes is great during my time running it the only issue I had were maps. But I went back to their previous version and had no issues. Oh yeah the sholes rom is packed with the updater that will take you back to stock by choosing an option nothings easier. Or easier to update

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
ya no doubt. they are unbelievable. i will not go anywhere but sholes if 2.1 sux. way too easy to go back and forth with them. updates are simple, they explain everything. definatly the way to go if u have never done anything like root or roms.

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Im trying now to go back to stock and I have the update.zip on my sd card in the root file. When I go into recovery mode and select allow update.zip installation and click the camera button the screen flashes for a split second and then comes back but nothing happens. I just reformatted my SD card because of problems it had and there is nothing else on it yet. I have no idea how to fix this.

EDIT when I try install /sdcard/update.zip it says
finding update
opening update package
verifying update package
installing update
installation aborted
E:no update found

Last edited:
R

Roy Aguilera

How large is the update zip? Should be 61mbs. Are you sure the zip is named update.zip?
Not trying to state the obvious, simply trying to help you out.

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I know and yes it is update.zip, I re downloaded the file and it seems to have worked if I choose the second update.zip option. Lost all my apps unfortunately as well as all of my data but at least my SD card is ok now.

EDIT: Yea I tried that zip with those options and it worked, it didnt work the first time though.
I might as well wait for the update now and see if I like it and then re root if I dont like it

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site

Wow, this thread just opened up a bunch of questions from me...ok...

1. Sholes ROM, its labeled as 2.0.1 but does it look like 2.1 i.e. new app drawer, gallery, etc? If so, does the keyboard backlight work?
2. Where do I get it?
3. Is the Sholes ROM and Bugless Beauty synonymous?

Edit: Thanks ips for answering one.

Last edited:

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
read my post...try both update.zip options and see which one works... I assume you know how to get into recovery mode and all that jazz if your rooted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12