Going back to stock before update?

sharra1#IM

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Hey I have a rooted droid with bugless beauty.
I do not think its 2.1 considering it says under phone info 2.0.1. but it does have alot of 2.1 feats. anyways, when moto and verizon roll out this 2.1 update ota, will i receive it even though im rooted on a different os?????

Any answers would be much abliged ....lol

droid 8172

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I was soo close to rooting my phone this evening because I heard what kind of updates, however minor, were going to happen. Now that maybe, just maybe, a full 2.1 update might happen , I'm glad i didn't root my droid. So the waiting game begins..

R

Roy Aguilera

Buggless Beauty disables ota updates. You need to reload your nandroid backup or install the unroot zip.

luniz7

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
you have to get back to stock. im having the same problem. i cant figure out how to get to stock from 2.0.3 sholes.

if you dont know how to do the nandroid restore then just download the sholes updater (search sholes in market, its like SMUpdater) and theres an option to revert back to stock there

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'll be interested to see what the pros are to 2.1 vs bugless beast. I have bugless beast and its pretty sweet. According to the news on this site 2.1 for the droid has the same app drawer and no live wallpapers. Bugless beast already has the news/weather widget, the 2.1 gallery and 5 homescreens. The only thing that seems to be missing is the multi-touch browser. IMO that doesn't seem worth losing the pros of bugless beast (the black notification bar, black/glass notification pane/notifications, overclock, etc)

FUSIBLE

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
if you dont know how to do the nandroid restore then just download the sholes updater (search sholes in market, its like SMUpdater) and theres an option to revert back to stock there

SM Updater is the best thing to happen for those who are afraid of rooting their phones. But SholesMod is great, been running 900mhz 24/7 for a week now. Speedy mod they have. SM Updater will revert your phone back to stock 2.0.1 and back to root in a jiffy.

R

Roy Aguilera

What happens if I downloaded 2.1 launcher, gallery, etc. without rooting? Do I need to delete these before update?
Nothing, you can delete them after the update, They are not system apps.
I think the multi-touch browser will be a update to come later on.. I think it will come as an OTA or like the Google Maps..

I think, it will be included in this update.

Ignitros

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I read on BGR that the MT browser will be in this update but some of the pretty stuff will be left out (live wallpapaers and such). I'm not much for fluff anyways so it's all good to me.

Anyone have a link to download the stock update.zip file?