Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Going back to stock before update?

Hey I have a rooted droid with bugless beauty.
    I do not think its 2.1 considering it says under phone info 2.0.1. but it does have alot of 2.1 feats. anyways, when moto and verizon roll out this 2.1 update ota, will i receive it even though im rooted on a different os?????

Any answers would be much abliged ....lol

you have to get back to stock. im having the same problem. i cant figure out how to get to stock from 2.0.3 sholes.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I was afraid you would say that.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Not to me!! but I figured it out. you just have to apply an unrooted update.zip like this........ http://downloads.sholes.info/update.zip. Correct me if I'm wrong.

thats right,check the other 2.1 forum,its there im doing the downgrade right now. will let u know.

ok,im back to stock. kinda sux for now but at least i get to try out 2.1 now.

I was soo close to rooting my phone this evening because I heard what kind of updates, however minor, were going to happen. Now that maybe, just maybe, a full 2.1 update might happen , I'm glad i didn't root my droid. So the waiting game begins..
    Roy Aguilera

Buggless Beauty disables ota updates. You need to reload your nandroid backup or install the unroot zip.

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by droidweasel View Post
    you have to get back to stock. im having the same problem. i cant figure out how to get to stock from 2.0.3 sholes.
    if you dont know how to do the nandroid restore then just download the sholes updater (search sholes in market, its like SMUpdater) and theres an option to revert back to stock there

I'll be interested to see what the pros are to 2.1 vs bugless beast. I have bugless beast and its pretty sweet. According to the news on this site 2.1 for the droid has the same app drawer and no live wallpapers. Bugless beast already has the news/weather widget, the 2.1 gallery and 5 homescreens. The only thing that seems to be missing is the multi-touch browser. IMO that doesn't seem worth losing the pros of bugless beast (the black notification bar, black/glass notification pane/notifications, overclock, etc)
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

so i used the sholes updater and now i have no voice commands but im back to stock ....help!!!!

id say wait it out. should be able to tell if u like 2.1 in a few days.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

good point

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luniz7 View Post
    if you dont know how to do the nandroid restore then just download the sholes updater (search sholes in market, its like SMUpdater) and theres an option to revert back to stock there
    SM Updater is the best thing to happen for those who are afraid of rooting their phones. But SholesMod is great, been running 900mhz 24/7 for a week now. Speedy mod they have. SM Updater will revert your phone back to stock 2.0.1 and back to root in a jiffy.

What happens if I downloaded 2.1 launcher, gallery, etc. without rooting? Do I need to delete these before update?

I think the multi-touch browser will be a update to come later on.. I think it will come as an OTA or like the Google Maps..

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMajor View Post
    What happens if I downloaded 2.1 launcher, gallery, etc. without rooting? Do I need to delete these before update?
    No they are just apps. U are OK.
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMajor View Post
    Nothing, you can delete them after the update, They are not system apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericatomars06 View Post
    I think the multi-touch browser will be a update to come later on.. I think it will come as an OTA or like the Google Maps..
    I think, it will be included in this update.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

I read on BGR that the MT browser will be in this update but some of the pretty stuff will be left out (live wallpapaers and such). I'm not much for fluff anyways so it's all good to me.

Anyone have a link to download the stock update.zip file?
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by Ignitros View Post
    I read on BGR that the MT browser will be in this update but some of the pretty stuff will be left out (live wallpapaers and such). I'm not much for fluff anyways so it's all good to me.

Anyone have a link to download the stock update.zip file?
    http://rootyourdroid.info/files/unroot_update.zip
    There you go.
    ips

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

Ill be waiting to see what this upgrade includes... im on sholes right now over clocked with the milestone mt browser and all the 2.1 goodies besides live wallpapers (im likin the cover flow smoked glass music player too). Based on the rumors it looks like this update wont be what we all originally hoped for so there might be no reason for those of us who rooted to go back to stock.

true, im back to stock now, but if this thing sux,im goin str8 back to sholes 2.0.3. freakin sweet.

hey anyone been over to sholes.info? whats goin on over there?

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

What would you folks here say as the best ROM available? I've heard Sholes 2.0.3 and I've also been told Bugless Beast. I kinda want to try out something that is overlocked a bit... maybe to say 900mhz or 1.1ghz if it's stable.

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

I ask you guys this, I have a Droid 2.0.1, It is rooted, but not on a different ROM. So am i in need to unroot my phone? or is it still going to receive the OTA update? I literally have done nothing to my OS except for the initial rooting.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast