FRG83G Upgrade

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I read on another forum that we should be recieving this upgrade via OTA.
this I read a week or so ago.
Is this true?
I've even gone in to settings and about phone to look for software upgrades and still nothing..

What does anyone know about this?

Thanks.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmm...I don't pay attention to OTA updates as I am rooted and have gingerbread so that doesn't interest me.

Misread the FRG83G...but FRG83D was the 2.2.1 update

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I just recieved the FRG83G update. I too am curious as to what is in this update? I thought we were done with updates on the OG Droid... guess not! :)

My phone now says I have version 2.2.2. Hmm, interesting. Hopefully Phil can give us some news on this?

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
How would you go about doing this?

I had to get a new phone and bought ROM Manager through Paypal and koush won't reply to anything...ever, so if I could do this for RM I would be a happy camper.

Only for Swype, there should be an option in the installer for generating a new license.

As far as Rom Manager goes, you're SOL without help from Koush (might try twittering him).

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
The update, which I received this morning, is to fix MMS and SMS bugs (such as the infamous "sending a text message to the wrong person with disasterous results.")

grcameron

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Icons Slow to Display

I was hoping this new 2.2.2 OTA update would fix my problem where sometimes my screens icons would take several seconds to display after coming out of another program. At first I thought it was fixed but it turns out I've still got the problem. I guess I can hope that it's not going to happen as often. Can't tell yet.

Salacon

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping this new 2.2.2 OTA update would fix my problem where sometimes my screens icons would take several seconds to display after coming out of another program. At first I thought it was fixed but it turns out I've still got the problem. I guess I can hope that it's not going to happen as often. Can't tell yet.
Yeah, I still get that problem as well. Apparently it's something I'm going to be living with until I upgrade in October.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

I too have had this problem for several months now. Whenver I exit games, the stock browser, or other apps, I get a blank screen with only my wallpaper and the bottom fixed launcher. It takes up to 10 seconds for everything to re-appear. Everytime I play Angry Birds it happens.

StingrayJG

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I just had a problem with my original Droid constantly shutting itself off and back on again uncontrollably and repeatedly for about a half hour. I thought it was going haywire on me (On the EXACT 1 yr anniversary of buying it, ironic.) Then when it powered back on for the umpteenth time, there was a break message that said an update was ready to install so I let it update, and since then the haywire behavior has stopped and when I went in to check my 'about' page it says that I have version 2.2.2 and build FRG83G. Is that normal behavior of the phone for a version update like that? Never happened to me before. It seems like this is kind of late to get this update for me too compared to everyone else here. I'm just glad my phone stopped freaking out on me, was getting nervous there. Has this happened to anyone else out there before?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non