1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Multi Touch keyboard Force Closes

I have an original Motorola Droid, running 2.2.1 and for the past day, almost constantly, everything I do on the phone brings up this error message.
    "Sorry! The application Multi-touch keyboard (process com.android.inputmethod.latin) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close"

I don't recall installing anything new. Isn't that process, the standard stock keyboard?

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

I'd suggest a factory reset.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

With a factory reset, will I lose all of my data and have to re-install all the apps manually?

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Yes, you will but if you have your apps/data backed up with your google account they will re-install automatically.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

Default backing up apps/google acct.

I think I have my apps backed up in astro, should I have them backed up in google? How do I check whether they are backed up in google, if not how do I go about backing them up. Also I'm using go launcher, and swype, and I love the way my droid 1 is doing, I'm afraid to root for fear of something not working as well as it is now, but would love to try gingerbread...... you're thoughts would be much appreciated, thanks.

backing them up on astro technically works, but those apps from astro will never update, as long as you have everything synced with google after you reset you'll be fine

ROM
    AOKP + Franco's

Quote Originally Posted by pmar55 View Post
    I think I have my apps backed up in astro, should I have them backed up in google? How do I check whether they are backed up in google, if not how do I go about backing them up. Also I'm using go launcher, and swype, and I love the way my droid 1 is doing, I'm afraid to root for fear of something not working as well as it is now, but would love to try gingerbread...... you're thoughts would be much appreciated, thanks.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again...I waited until my one year warranty was up before I rooted. I wished I had rooted it the day I got my phone.

The best part about rooting is being able to install a rom that people who use the phone design, not someone at Verizon or Motorola or Google.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Sploinkin View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again...I waited until my one year warranty was up before I rooted. I wished I had rooted it the day I got my phone.
    +1 on that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRW View Post
    "Sorry! The application Multi-touch keyboard (process com.android.inputmethod.latin) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close"
    if you are rooted, run fix permissions in rom manager and that should solve the issue

Sent from my OG Droid (Project Elite 5.0.2) using TapaTalk