Property of Motorola Droid....

brdl04

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to trade a phone from a guy who has a developer model of a motorola droid. He claims that his friend works for motorola, and he gave him a motorola droid that says on it, "property of motorola"

would I, a verizon customer be able to utilize this phone on my account without problems??

Im sure there would be no warranty, but activation wise, or update wise , is it worth it??

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
umm. i would be careful. those are usually review units. i am not sure if moto can turn them off by esn or anything. but I know for BB units like that, RIM kills the pin after a while.

I would be cautious with that ...

personally i would stay far away from it.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Second. You can use those types of units every now and then, but they usually are integrated better onto GSM networks, because all you have to do is pop in a SIM to change the phone's data/ID.

CDMA networks track much closer, and restrict access way more. I would stay away, unless you are going to get rid of your phone anyways.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Avoid it like an ex-wife/girlfriend.
It be bad ju-ju.

To be on the safe side, without any repercussions, just get a new one.;)

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Generally, those are controlled by the mfg, and they can kill the device at will.

I know thats how BlackBerry's and other devices operate, so I would assume its going to be the same way on this device.

brdl04

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
According to the guy, He is not a motorola employee, but he got it from a friend who is, The guy has it on his account, and from what the motorola employee said, there will be no problems because the phone has been released already so motorola doesn't care about it. I checked the ESN with verizon and its all good on their end.

brdl04

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Ill go for it, and will post to this site with my experience. If I have any problems this site will be the first to know.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I am looking to trade a phone from a guy who has a developer model of a motorola droid. He claims that his friend works for motorola, and he gave him a motorola droid that says on it, "property of motorola"

would I, a verizon customer be able to utilize this phone on my account without problems??

Im sure there would be no warranty, but activation wise, or update wise , is it worth it??

I'd assume now that the droid is released, this deal is legit. And your droid is gonna look a little cooler than everybody elses because its got a "property of Motorola" on it.

brdl04

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd assume now that the droid is released, this deal is legit. And your droid is gonna look a little cooler than everybody elses because its got a "property of Motorola" on it.

Actually, thats not my point in all this. I am looking to trade a camera for a droid, and he was the only one that bit. So Im going to take him up on it.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If the ESN is in Verizon's database, they will activate it. Having said that, the whole thing sounds a little shady to me, and I would be cautious if it were me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad