Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bellsouth email

Can anyone tell me out to configure the email settings for bellsouth email. I put the mail.bellsouth.net for incoming and it works but it doesn't work for the outgoing smtp. I've unchecked the "require sign in" and security is "none"
    thxs

I could not get it to work no matter what I tried. Bellsouth = AT&T = iphone, so they aren't going to be real helpful. I ended up setting up a gmail account, configure it to grab my bellsouth email, and to send with my bellsouth address as the reply to. Works good so far...

Sorry for posting this multiple times in different threads, but I think it can help many people that like me were clueless as to how to set up their Bellsouth emails on their android devices.

I found the solution in androidforums.com. Here's the link (go to the las post at the bottom): Bellsouth Email Settings? - Android Forums

Basically, this is what I did:
    Incoming mail server type: POP3
    Incoming (POP): pop.att.yahoo.com
    Incoming User Name: Full AT&T email address, including domain (e.g. yourname @ bellsouth.net, but without the spaces... the forum won't let me type it correctly because I'm new here)
    Incoming mail port #: 995, secure connection (SSL) checked

Outgoing (SMTP): smtp.att.yahoo.com, with authentication (same user and password as POP)
    Outgoing User Name: Full AT&T email address, including domain (e.g. yourname @ bellsouth.net)
    Outgoing mail port # 465, secure connection (SSL) checked

I was connected to wifi at the time I set it up.

Good luck!
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Bellsouth email

this worked perfectly - thank you!

I cannot get my new android to sync with my bellsouth email account, even when i follow the instruction for doing it manually. it says: set up could not finish. server not responding. java.net. scoket timeout excepction: connection timed out.
    Any ideas what to do?

You are a lifesaver. Been working on this for hours before I found your post and I wasn't going to bed till I found the answer. Thanks.