Bellsouth email

produffer

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone tell me out to configure the email settings for bellsouth email. I put the mail.bellsouth.net for incoming and it works but it doesn't work for the outgoing smtp. I've unchecked the "require sign in" and security is "none"
thxs

benlevy

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I could not get it to work no matter what I tried. Bellsouth = AT&T = iphone, so they aren't going to be real helpful. I ended up setting up a gmail account, configure it to grab my bellsouth email, and to send with my bellsouth address as the reply to. Works good so far...

THLM

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for posting this multiple times in different threads, but I think it can help many people that like me were clueless as to how to set up their Bellsouth emails on their android devices.

I found the solution in androidforums.com. Here's the link (go to the las post at the bottom): Bellsouth Email Settings? - Android Forums

Basically, this is what I did:
Incoming mail server type: POP3
Incoming (POP): pop.att.yahoo.com
Incoming User Name: Full AT&T email address, including domain (e.g. yourname @ bellsouth.net, but without the spaces... the forum won't let me type it correctly because I'm new here)
Incoming mail port #: 995, secure connection (SSL) checked

Outgoing (SMTP): smtp.att.yahoo.com, with authentication (same user and password as POP)
Outgoing User Name: Full AT&T email address, including domain (e.g. yourname @ bellsouth.net)
Outgoing mail port # 465, secure connection (SSL) checked

I was connected to wifi at the time I set it up.

Good luck!

Reactions: claireletard

Deitra Shoemaker

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I cannot get my new android to sync with my bellsouth email account, even when i follow the instruction for doing it manually. it says: set up could not finish. server not responding. java.net. scoket timeout excepction: connection timed out.
Any ideas what to do?

teeg39

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
You are a lifesaver. Been working on this for hours before I found your post and I wasn't going to bed till I found the answer. Thanks.