1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2.2.2 Update Draining the Battery

Brand new battery is draining to under 15% from full in 4 hours without being used. Android OS is using 28% of the battery and it was never that high before I updated.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm assuming the new OS turned on a feature that is draining the battery but I'm not sure what it is.

Thanks in advance.

I've been touching "Install later" since the upgrade announcement appeared, so I can't say. I am planning to install the upgrade tomorrow, so I'll come back and let you know.

ROM
    Stock, Stock, Liquid ICS

Just came searching for this exact issue... My Droid is rooted, so no update, but I was just talking with my fiancée who complained that since updating her phone last night, the battery life has been terrible. She's away for the weekend so I haven't had a chance to actually play with the phone and see how bad it is.

I am having the exact same problem. Ruined a trip I was on recently, and Verizon's answer is to replace the phone under warranty, but hearing you, it sounds like a much bigger issue.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Man, I'm glad I'm rooted and have been running Gingerbread for over a month now

I haven't noticed any change in battery life since the update. Mine still drains the same as it did before. Not sure why some are seeing a huge drainage.

Edit: I take that back! I got the 2.2.2 update on Friday and I haven't had any battery change until just now! I just charged my battery 3 hours ago and haven't used my phone that much, just a little angry birds and it's already down to 40%!!!
    Last edited by DM_Droid; 03-21-2011 at 05:32 AM.