screen won't wake up?

srv

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Howdy,

Yesterday, I pulled my phone out of my pocket, saw the LED was flashing with a message, and then hit the power button to bring up the screen and unlock. However, the screen remained black. I held down the power button with no results, so I pulled the battery and restarted the phone.

Today, the same thing happened, and I had to pull the battery again. This time, when I woke the phone, it would not let me make a call, saying the the calling program was not responding, and offering to force close. I retried several time with no luck. I then power cycled the phone (the normal way, via the power button), and when it came back up it was working fine.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior before?

Thanks,
SRV

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have had a few unstable roms that did that but never on stock. Like the post above mine I would start by looking at application you may have installed lately.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I had a similar instance happen to me. It ended up being a 3rd party app (in my case it was the Dolphin Browser). If it happens again, I'd start removing apps, starting with the most recently installed or updated, and go from there.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if a "power cycle" is the same thing as a reboot. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. But, I think you may have better luck in the future doing a reboot rather than just turning off / on.

Open the keypad and press control-alt-delete. Note: the alt is the button to the left of the Z.

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if a "power cycle" is the same thing as a reboot. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. But, I think you may have better luck in the future doing a reboot rather than just turning off / on.

Open the keypad and press control-alt-delete. Note: the alt is the button to the left of the Z.

Its the same thing.

srv

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Wow. That sounds very odd. Are you on stock or a custom rom?? Also load any new programs before the issue started?

Thanks for the replies. I'm on stock, not rooted or anything unusual. I was wondering if it's a 3rd party app, although I haven't installed anything this week and it only started happening yesterday. Maybe that's it, though. I'll see if the removal of apps changes anything.

Thanks again,
SRV

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad