Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default replacement finding

I just thought I would share how awesome today was. I lost my phone snowboarding, and eventually got a hold of asurion for a replacement. When I got it UPS next day air, I activated it and about an hour or so later all of my contacts and contact pics were back on my phone. I was really not looking forward to tracking down all my numbers because I didn't back them up, but it appears verizon/droid were already on top of it. Awesome!
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,825 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    mean

Yep and all your apps should be restored also that's the great thing about Android the backup

Global Posts
    7,372 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Stock

Thank god Google takes care of you with OTA back ups and restores huh!

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What app were you using to restore pictures OTA? I thought that the pictures taken with the phone were just stored on the SD card-- is there a way to have them backed up OTA as well (without obviously uploading them to Facebook, Picasa, etc., etc.)?

EDIT: NM. I read "contact pics" in the original post as simply "pics"... but that does raise an interesting question-- are there any apps out there that will automatically back up all pictures to a secure online account somewhere?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, SugarSync works great for that.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Yes, SugarSync works great for that.
    Thanks Cory. This looks cool-- like Google Docs on steroids... (Which, of course, leads me to wonder when Google will start building support for Google Docs into Android... but that's another thread... )
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clr007 View Post
    Thanks Cory. This looks cool-- like Google Docs on steroids... (Which, of course, leads me to wonder when Google will start building support for Google Docs into Android... but that's another thread... )
    My pleasure. I was going to buy the Missing Sync by MarkSpace and ran across Sugar Sync. I absolutely love it. In addition to music and pictures, I use it to keep a specific work related documents folder on my laptop in Sync with a folder on my SD card. So it's kind of fun when someone brings this up because I like sharing something cool.