More newbie questions

richpjr#AC

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
My wife just picked up a Droid and so far is pretty happy with it. She has asked me questions about it (I am the tech geek in the house). I found answers to some of her questions browsing through some of these forums, but here are the ones I couldn't find answers to:

Is there a way to undelete a text message thread?

Is there a way to delete part of a threaded message without deleting all of it? I can't figure out why she wants to do that, but she asked me.

Is there a way to have notifications repeat on a certain interval? In her old phone, she can set it to get a notication tone or vibration every 15 minutes that she missed a text or a call.

Thanks!

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
1 no
2 yes just hold that part of the message and it gives you the option
3 haven't found a way to do it stock may need an app from the market

mjones73

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
3) I'd recommend replacing the stock messaging app, Handcent SMS is a good choice. You have better control over notifications including repeating, color of the LED, etc. It also does pop ups for SMS messages that you can quick reply from without opening the full app.

richpjr#AC

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
3) I'd recommend replacing the stock messaging app, Handcent SMS is a good choice. You have better control over notifications including repeating, color of the LED, etc. It also does pop ups for SMS messages that you can quick reply from without opening the full app.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
+1 on Handcent - best app ever.

#3 - I use MissedCall for my notifications. It has "services" for SMS, Missed Calls, Incoming Calls, Calendar, etc ... and you can set LED color, vibrate options, repeat options .. very nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith