Disable all sounds except phone calls?

PHLAK

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a Droid, coming from BlackBerry, and so far am loving it! However, there is one tiny feature I'm missing: the ability to silence all notifications EXCEPT phone calls. I'd use this setting when I went to sleep and had the phone next to my bed, is there a way to do this with the Droid?

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
there is an app I don't use... but, I've heard good things about it. "Profiles" I believe is what it's called -- check that out

jerkules

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Try Bedside in the Market...free too. So far it goes to bedside mode when plugged in to be charged, only drawback is that it sets the phone to vibrate for calls, all other notifications are silenced though. The developer is real open to feedback and responds to everyone who asks a question.

PHLAK

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Profiles did not seem to work quite right. I was able to remove all notification sounds, but couldn't get the ringer to sound then. I'm now trying Quick Profiles to see if it will do what I'm looking for.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm now trying Quick Profiles to see if it will do what I'm looking for.

I have 3 profiles setup using Quick Profiles "Normal", "Night", and "Quiet".

Night mode silences all alerts, but allows the calls to ring through.

Quiet silences everything, good for meetings and movies, etc.

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 profiles setup using Quick Profiles "Normal", "Night", and "Quiet".

Night mode silences all alerts, but allows the calls to ring through.

Quiet silences everything, good for meetings and movies, etc.

Thank you for the suggestions... Quick Profiles seems to do the job for me. And I had forgotten to create a profile for absolute silence - a call at 3am would have given me a heart attack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36