Want to go droid but need help...

polar135

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
(Yes i have searched:D)

Hey all. I'm in a try out with a droid right now.

I have the storm 2. it works great but im bored with the slow Internet and Same old OS.

I picked up a droid and have been using it since Friday.

The only way i can make a true comparison between the two phones is to make sure i can do the same things on both phones. I have two more things to figure out before i decide if i will go droid (And i want to go droid) or stay with my storm 2. just need your help to figure this out:

1- I cant make calls out using my Google Voice number- My phone is hooked in and i get voice mails no problem, but it does not allow me to make calls with google voice on my phone. On my BB i was able to use the app provided, I would go to my address book, hit my BB button, and tell it to call with Google Voice. it would call me google voice number and then dial the number for me. Is that now how the program works on the droid? if not how does it work. I have searched the GV help area and i cant figure out anything.

2- How to save a pdf to be forwarded by email to client.

I assume i have pick up app to do that, and i will do that if i go droid, but i want to make sure that you can do it on the phone.

I want the droid, its super fast, (I haven't even rooted yet), works great, and i love it, but if i cant do all the things i do on my BB for my job, i have to go with BB.

Thanks for your suggestions.

kpageisgreat

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I know i downloaded the google voice app and i set it to when i make a call i can decide if i want to use my number or use my google voice number

polar135

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
figured out how to use google voice without the GV app. There was a second app that someone built that works for me, it will dial my GV number, then put in my password for me, hit 2 and then dial the number i am calling. :) Problem 1 figured out till i figure out what the deal with with the app from google and my phone.

simp_10

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Try Docs to Go. $10 but well worth it. Also try searching the market for PDF, etc. viewers as user reviews can often tell you if the app will do what you need.

Also download Astro file manager from the market if you do not already have a file mgr app. If you open an attachment with docs to go and save it to your SD card, you can later find where you saved it using Astro. Longpress the file and one of the options is to Send (Email, etc.).

Hope this solves your last issue and you decide to join the Android family!

ericks17

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
There is an option when u open the GV app click menu then settings you should see "Making Calls" option, there you can choose how u want to use GV. I use the toggle shortcut for this since it is faster. Long press on your home screen then choose Shortcuts and scroll down till you see "Toggle Google Voice". This way you just tap the icon to cycle the different options. I don't want it to ask me everytime I make a call to use GV or not, this way when I want to use GV I can by cycling to the "use GV for all calls then when done "do not use GV for calls"

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech