Droid vs Eris Question

Fat Fingers

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Does the trackball on the Eris allow you to move the cursor when texting or e-mailing? Maybe my solution to no arrows on the Droid is to return it for an Eris instead of going back to BB.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
The trackball should give you this functionality. But remember by doing this you eliminate the physical keyboard for typing. So before you exchange, fully think about it, no more physical keyboard, and only the small on screen keyboard.

Fat Fingers

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
The trackball should give you this functionality. But remember by doing this you eliminate the physical keyboard for typing. So before you exchange, fully think about it, no more physical keyboard, and only the small on screen keyboard.

Great points....good grief

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
honestly though, not to be mean, but is it that hard to just slide the keyboard out if you make a mistake and dont want to edit it? At first I made a lot of mistakes, as time went by i am nearly flawless in my typing. just need to slow it down a bit and focus on precision instead of speed. give it some time, itll grow on you, and if not, try exchanging for something that better fits your needs.

Fat Fingers

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
honestly though, not to be mean, but is it that hard to just slide the keyboard out if you make a mistake and dont want to edit it? At first I made a lot of mistakes, as time went by i am nearly flawless in my typing. just need to slow it down a bit and focus on precision instead of speed. give it some time, itll grow on you, and if not, try exchanging for something that better fits your needs.

I only have 30 days to decide/practice......for the amount of texting I do, speed is key...having to jump back and forth between 2 keyboards is just too slow and clumsy...I already find myself ignoring texts b/c how painful it is to respond....I even considering starting calling people again, just to avoid the pain of the droid keyboard experience.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I only have 30 days to decide/practice......for the amount of texting I do, speed is key...having to jump back and forth between 2 keyboards is just too slow and clumsy...I already find myself ignoring texts b/c how painful it is to respond....I even considering starting calling people again, just to avoid the pain of the droid keyboard experience.

If you feel so strongly about it, maybe it is not the device for you. I am a heavy email/sms/gtalk/twitter user and I am content with the options that I have, but obviously they are not working for you as you had hoped. There is nothing wrong with that. Everyone has a preference, and deserves to be happy with the phone they are paying for. And if the Android isn't doing that for you, it may be best to chose a device that will.

Fat Fingers

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I want to make this device work for me. I really do. I like a lot about it. It is just the damn keyboard situation.

I did just discovered that you can double tap on a misspelled word to jump the cursor to highlight that entire word instead of trying to get the cursor between the letters that need to be backwards deleted. That helps a little bit....not nearly as much as arrows would though

Fat Fingers

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
...slow and steady wins the race, slow down your typing and correct errors on the go and you should be good.

just imagine when I am trying to do this while driving...or while drinking....or while drinking and driving?!?!?!?!? Just kidding, well at least about the drinking and driving part.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I manage to keep up with it. Speed doesn't always get you there fastest. Just slow down an let your speed build with the accuracy. It'll come to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy