New Event in Google Calendar question

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I use google calendar, and I'm using the native calendar app on my Droid.

Works fine except one thing: When I create a new Event on the Droid, it shows up on the PC version of Google calendar as an Invitation. There's a question mark next to the event, and when you click on it it asks "will you be attending?". There's also a link for "copy to my calendar", which then formally places it in the calendar. So it appears that adding the event on the Droid is only ASKING you to add the event on the PC, not just putting it there.

Really strange and I'm not a fan of this behavior, makes me think something's not syncing right. I've poked through the calendar app but haven't found any setting for this.

Anyone else encounter this and know a solution?

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I have the exact same issue. There are default settings for the calendar online that talk about accept all invitations or not. I have set it up both ways and it doesn't seem to cahnge anything.

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the exact same issue. There are default settings for the calendar online that talk about accept all invitations or not. I have set it up both ways and it doesn't seem to cahnge anything.

I'm starting to think this is a bug. I found a couple posts on droidforums.net mentioning the same thing, but no apparent fixes. So annoying!!

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
One more comment... the problem is *different* when using the primary calendar... It seems to accept it automatically, however it's still listed as an "invitation" and not just as a regular event. I don't even use my calendar for invitations!

Pb4youski

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been having a similar issue. My husband and I have a shared calendar, and he noticed that certian events weren't in it, even though i had put them in. We were both "synced" as of 1.5 months ago, and now we're not seeing eachothers updates. I suspect it has to do with this "?" icon thing. It only appears next to the ones that he is unable to see. Hope this makes sense!!!

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Oh man this has been bugging me since the day I got my Droid! It is very annoying to say the least. I haven't figured out a way around it yet.

I literally have to go into Calendar on the laptop and "accept" all the events that I've created throughout the day. What I've noticed is that the problem might stem from the fact that when creating a new event on the phone there is no way to remove the "add guests" option. Even though you haven't added any guests to the event you can't remove the guest option and therefore end up adding yourself as a guest.

At least that is what I think happens. Google really needs to fix this problem. It's annoying.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I have this issue also, and one other thing. On the Google Calendar from a browser, I can set up SMS reminders, which I do for all my meetings at work. When I create a calendar entry on the Droid, i only have the option to create a reminder, but i can't set up the reminder type.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I think the calendar, and even Gmail, need to have some major features added. I would like to see as much of the desktop functionality as possible on my phone. I know there are several things about Gmail that I would like to see on my phone.

This "invite guests" thing on the calendar though is pretty annoying. Also they need better task integration with the calendar as well.

use2play

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
suddenly all my cal events have a ATTENDING feature on them - and I don't want it at all -- not attending or not- not at all.. how can I remove this feature from showing on my calendar events?