Ran out of app space, come on Moto, HTC.

G

GenericMessage

90 apps does seem like a lot. But even if its not practical or needed to have that many apps, it would still be nice to have the option to do so. That's why I hope for app storage on SD cards down the road. Google has mentioned about encoding to possibly do that, and I hope eventually that does happen. Although I would probably not ever fill my phone anyway with current setup, it would still be nice to have option to do so.

I mean, we all know the real reason why it hasn't been allowed so far right?

For those who don't;

The day you can start moving entire applications to the card is the day it becomes a billion times easier to pirate them out. Thats why Google is trying to find a way to secure it so we cannot steal all the goodies.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I mean, we all know the real reason why it hasn't been allowed so far right?

For those who don't;

The day you can start moving entire applications to the card is the day it becomes a billion times easier to pirate them out. Thats why Google is trying to find a way to secure it so we cannot steal all the goodies.

Here's simple solution... Add more internal memory. I'm not greedy, I'll take 2GB and be happy.

I don't understand why all android phones lack a large amount of internal memory!

G

GenericMessage

Here's simple solution... Add more internal memory. I'm not greedy, I'll take 2GB and be happy.

I don't understand why all android phones lack a large amount of internal memory!

Nah, that makes too much sense!

chicostyles

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
i have the same problem my memory is getting close to full. how do i backup my files so that way i still have the apps just not being used as memory. i use most apps sum once a week and others daily. thanks for any help

cdaiscool#AC

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
You do realize that if you put 2 gb of internal memory in here, someone's going to d/l 465 apps and piss/moan that there's not enough internal, right?

A way around the piracy thing is to put licensing info on internal memory, and high-speed sd card memory where you store your programs. Put the landscaping, sounds, etc on the sd card, and how-to for running the program itself only on the internals. Then, the program can be any size you want and still be difficult to pirate.

jbharman45

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I actually use AppControl and it works great. It also has a batch mode to back up all your apps, as well as their data, just in case and you can restore all or just one by one.

passtheboll

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I thought I just read something about apps being able to be installed on SD cards... Maybe that was a feature in a beta OS or something. Or maybe it wasn't even Android. But I was almost positive that it was Android.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I thought I just read something about apps being able to be installed on SD cards... Maybe that was a feature in a beta OS or something. Or maybe it wasn't even Android. But I was almost positive that it was Android.

It's coming in the future. Once Google can understand how retarded their decision was they'll finally task an engineer on it.

Music Ian

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
It would be a simple fix, to install the executable file to the internal memory (taking up merely kb) and install the rest to the SD card. And since many applications already out there can access files off of the SD card, I don't see why developers can't already do that with large games. In fact, I'm surprised they haven't yet.

Maverick0984

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I do wish Homerun Battle 3D utilized the SD Card. I have been getting the low space warning too. I have a good number of apps but not a crazy amount. It really is like half a dozen that are using a disproportionate amount.

bitman

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Have you checked your message programs? I was surprised to find that when you delete an e-mail from the inbox it goes to a deleted folder and then you need to delete it again. Just a thought.

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
It would be a simple fix, to install the executable file to the internal memory (taking up merely kb) and install the rest to the SD card. And since many applications already out there can access files off of the SD card, I don't see why developers can't already do that with large games. In fact, I'm surprised they haven't yet.

Some developers do, the makers of Space Physics have a small 1 level download that goes on your phones internal memory, then you download the additional level packs on your SD card, now if just more developers could follow suit, we'd be golden :)

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I do wish Homerun Battle 3D utilized the SD Card. I have been getting the low space warning too. I have a good number of apps but not a crazy amount. It really is like half a dozen that are using a disproportionate amount.
Your problem is that monster of a game (and others similar)! That game takes up enough space for 30 other apps to be installed.