Quake 3 on Droid, how to make this work

acidsamuraix

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
kwaak3 - Project Hosting on Google Code

Phone does not need to be rooted or anything, this all works on a bone stock droid.
If anything here is wrong, please correct me.

on you phone, create:
a new folder named "quake3" at the sd card. /sdcard/quake3
a new folder in that one named "baseq3". /sdcard/quake3/baseq3
The above steps can be done with Astro, a file management app available on the market.

On your droid, go to http://code.google.com/p/kwaak3/ and download the kwaak3.apk and run the installer on the phone.

pak0.pk3 is either on the quake3:arena cd if you still have one, or available in the demo.
http://www.idsoftware.com/games/quake/quake3-arena/index.php?game_section=demo
once you install that on your pc, you'll have a pak0.pk3 file in the structure of the quake 3 arena folder.

Also, download and install the 1.32 patch:
http://www.idsoftware.com/games/quake/quake3-arena/index.php?game_section=updates
and grab pak1-pak8.

Plug the droid into your pc and mount the sd card when promptedon the droid.
Copy all of the pak files into the baseq3 folder on the droid.

Disconnect and run kwaak3.

**Please note, I did this with an original quake3 cd, so im assuming it works with the demo, but i havent tested that method personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: scodoublet

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I didn't read the instructions thoroughly on your link, but as far as creating a folder on your SD card, that can be done from your phone using Astro File Manager

acidsamuraix

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I have that, but the create new option is greyed out, can you not make new folders at the root level?

It sounds like the path needs to be /quake3/<whatever>

or when they say the root of the SDcard, does that mean /SDcard/quake3/<whatever>

white_star_32

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
pak0.pk3....#%@(!&(^*(!

to answer your question it think it would be /quake3/...

open Astro and click Home. then hit your options button and Astro will show you 6 options, choose New, and then Directory. i just did it on mine and it was fine. now about that pak0.pk3 file...

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
lol. It was pretty simple to do. Needed a CD key, though. :-/ I'll have instructions and video up on the site later today.

amayes

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
is there any way to get a cd key? i didnt buy the original game and in all seriousness come on the game came out over 10 years ago how can you get one

white_star_32

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
is there anyway to not have to enter the cd key every time. and amayes, i would give google a shot.

edit: forget the cd key, just hit back on the screen and you'll be in.
edit: can't get any work done now...

Last edited:

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys I'm glad you got it running, but does anyone care to give some n00b step-by-step instructions? The instructions that are posted leave a lot to be desired. Thanks.

acidsamuraix

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
on you phone, create:
a new folder named "quake3" at the sd card. /sdcard/quake3
a new folder in that one named "baseq3". /sdcard/quake3/baseq3
The above steps can be done with Astro, a file management app available on the market.

On your droid, go to kwaak3 - Project Hosting on Google Code and download the kwaak3.apk and run the installer on the phone.

pak0.pk3 is either on the quake3:arena cd if you still have one, or available in the demo.
id Software: Quake III Arena
once you install that on your pc, you'll have a pak0.pk3 file in the structure of the quake 3 arena folder.

and grab pak1-pak8.

Plug the droid into your pc and mount the sd card when promptedon the droid.
Copy all of the pak files into the baseq3 folder on the droid.

Disconnect and run kwaak3.

Please note, I did this with an original quake3 cd, so im assuming it works with the demo, but i havent tested that method personally. I also copied this into the fron page post.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Would someone mind uploading the pak0.pk3 file with the updated pak1-pak8 files?
It would make it easier to download the files than installing the game.

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Would someone mind uploading the pak0.pk3 file with the updated pak1-pak8 files?
It would make it easier to download the files than installing the game.

This please stupid quake site looks like it limits your DL speed im at 15KBs.... booo says 1 hour to dl a 46 mb file. F(*k that haha.

Emilluminati

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site

and grab pak1 thru pak8.

Actually, you don't need to install the Demo or the 1.32 patch. Download and install Universal Extractor, which I really like anyway as a compressed file extractor. The website is Universal Extractor | LegRoom.net . You can unpack the Demo and 1.32 downloads with out installing them to your PC. Once unpacked, just search for the files mentioned in this thread.

white_star_32

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
**Be Warned**

If you install this, going to the bathroom at work with droid in hand will result in an hour of lost productivity. and ppl will ask u all sorts of questions about your absence...