Quake 3 on Droid, how to make this work

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Is it "Legal" to post a zip file of all the stuff needed to get this going? I made one up but I haven't posted it yet because I wasn't sure about that.

white_star_32

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
beats me, which is why i haven't posted either. i would think so, because I came across all those files freely and not through any 'illegal' channels. care to find out? ^_^

geeanywhere

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I installed the 2 pak things and I put it in Baseq3 but when I open kwaak3, I press start game and I get an error message. "Unable to locate /sdcard/quake3/baseq3/pak0.pk3" ... Help guys!!!

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I installed the 2 pak things and I put it in Baseq3 but when I open kwaak3, I press start game and I get an error message. "Unable to locate /sdcard/quake3/baseq3/pak0.pk3" ... Help guys!!!

Just dowload the file I posted and unzip it. Open the folder and follow the directions in the readme. Its super easy!

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Is it "Legal" to post a zip file of all the stuff needed to get this going? I made one up but I haven't posted it yet because I wasn't sure about that.
Not if the pak files come from the full release. Shouldn't be an issue for the files from the demo.

You should have 9 pak files.

That is true, I didn't obtain any of this stuff illegally...
Obtaining it legally isn't the important part. Redistributing the official release isn't legal no matter how you obtained it.

Last edited:

beefjerky58#AC

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Okay, So i dled the zip files with all the goodies but when i mount the Droid there is no " root" folder there to put the files into...Am I missing something? So I created a folder on the sd card when unzipping called "root". Im sure thats not right so could someone help a brotha out please? All the files are there in MY "root" folder on my phone but it wont run...

Edit: Also running Windows 7 if that helps.

Last edited:

geeanywhere

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Okay, So i dled the zip files with all the goodies but when i mount the Droid there is no " root" folder there to put the files into...Am I missing something? So I created a folder on the sd card when unzipping called "root". Im sure thats not right so could someone help a brotha out please? All the files are there in MY "root" folder on my phone but it wont run...

Make a folder in your sdcard "quake3" Then make another new folder inside quake3 folder called " baseq3" THere you put the PAK files.

Last edited:

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I have everything set up on my phone but when I try to install the kwaak3 file it says something about a 3rd party program and to pick what to use it for. The only options are my emulators and some android market thing.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Ahh I guess that's not 100% clear in the ReadMe file. By "Root" of your memory card it doesn't mean make a folder on the card called root but to put the quake3 folder at the very base layer of the card. Not inside any other folders.

You need an app from the market called AppManager Umass021. You can install APK files with that. You also have to make sure on your phone that you go to "settings" - "Applications" - Then check "Unknown sources" to allow install of non-Market applications. That should set you up.

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks fellas. I don't play shooters but I installed this just for the wow factor and it does impress. I haven't a clue how to actually play this game. I guess you use the D-Pad and Return Key for most controls? Any other tips?

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
You use the a,s,d,w keys for forward back and side to side movement by default and the dpad is used to turn left and right and the center button fires. You can reconfigure the controls in the options though to make it better for you. You can use your finger on the screen to look around and tap the screen to shoot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam