I finally got it

Fat Fingers

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Get ready for a lot of fun work...and reward......First step, get the Smart Keyboard app......then the Dolphin browser.....then get intimate with the power widget....oh, get one of the apps that shows battery power......change your mindset, this is a different machine.....there are bugs, but oh is there power.

maz94protege

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Congrats on the phone, I had a HTC Droid Eris, loved it, but wanted to try the Moto DROID, love this one as well, but since i switched devices at my 30day mark, im stuck with the Moto Droid. Honestly like both the ERIS and DROID the same, both have pros/cons. Cant go wrong with the Android OS. Wife and I liked em so much, just upgraded her to a Moto DEVOUR today.

Sweet Phones!

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
If you had a blackberry before... Get this through your head:

IT DOESN'T NEED BATTERY PULLS. IF YOUR PHONE COMPLETELY FREEZES... THAT'S THE TIME TO PULL THE BATTERY.

digitard#WN

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Congrats, and you'll love it.

I spent 5yrs in "the industry" in tech support (both rep, and mgmt) with Alltel so I have a HUGE phone addiction.

I've gone through Palm, WinMo, Blackberry and now Android and I can say I have ZERO want to go back to any other OS from Android (unless somehow RIM finally stops releasing bugged OS' and allows a lot more customization).

My tips are:
- If you dont need it disable GPS and Wireless Networks under Location.
-- This will kill your GPS/etc capabilities but you can simply turn it back on. Gives you a nice battery life boost. I enable it when I'm going out, etc, but at work/home I disable it as it servers no purpose there.

- Same goes for "Auto-Sync" and "Background Data".
-- I leave Background enabled most of the time, but if you aren't using push email or something you want to CONSTANTLY push you data updates you can always simply hit "refresh" in the application...lol. If your'e going to be away from a charger for an extended period disable Background Data as well. Some apps may not pull updates (like weather maybe) but you can refresh as needed.

Other apps I recommend:
- TuneWiki
- Seesmic (if you have a Twitter account)

If you're comfortable rooting your phone:
- SetCPU (I have mine at 1.2ghz stable right now
- TempMonitor (obviously to keep an eye on it since it's OC'd. I can easily downclock it)
- Live Wallpapers are fun (again need to be rooted)
- There's lots of fun ROM's you can load with various 2.0.1 and 2.1 builds and features.

Enjoy!

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I can't stop doing battery pulls! I am addicted to doing it twice a day! I need it. Gotta have it. Besides, when the battery door falls off, the battery comes out with it.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I can't stop doing battery pulls! I am addicted to doing it twice a day! I need it. Gotta have it. Besides, when the battery door falls off, the battery comes out with it.

That shouldn't happen. Go to a verizon store and get a new battery door that will stay in place.

digitard#WN

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
That shouldn't happen. Go to a verizon store and get a new battery door that will stay in place.

You don't even have to do that.

You can go to Motorola's site and email them, and include your shipping info and they'll Fedex 2 day you a new battery door. They did for me, free obviously.

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I came from Blackberry OS, too, and Android is a breath of fresh air!

One item I've found invaluable coming from BB is the Profiles app. It allows you to define various sound profiles that you can switch between from the notification bar, similar to the profile switcher that is on BB. You will find, though, that notification settings are specific to each app that does notification. Because of the way that is set up, you can control notification volume with the Profiles app, but you cannot control notification vibrate settings with the app (though, you can control phone call vibrate settings). In my case, I just set each notifying app to also vibrate and then I either get ring+vibe or just vibe alone.

-SR-

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude