Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    andy343858

Default desktop manager

hi is there a desktop manager for the droid like there was one for blackberrys.

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

Nope, not needed. Just mount that sucker and click and drag away.

i tried to mount mine and windows did not recognize it and install the driverss. i am running win vista on a sony viao.

Quote Originally Posted by specops2k3 View Post
    i tried to mount mine and windows did not recognize it and install the driverss. i am running win vista on a sony viao.
    Did you just plug the device in?? After plugging it in, you have to pull the notification bar down and select the "USB Connected" then select "Mount"

Quote Originally Posted by andy343858 View Post
    If you're referring to the ability to sync your Outlook with your Droid, the answer is "sort of".

There's CompanionLink which looks like it will do all for around $50.

There's also Missing Sync which has many of the needed functionality as "Future Features" unfortunately.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

There is nothing as good as the Blackberry Manager but depending on your requirements you may find a free solution.

I opted to use the Google sync (free). It will sync your Outlook calendar to your phone but thats all it does. It won't do contacts.

Do a search for Droid outlook sync and you will get an overload of information on how to do this.

you only need drivers if you are going to be debugging or somehting like that. The drivers arent needed to simply mount the sdcard and drag/drop files.

If you actually need the drivers:
    USB Driver for Windows | Android Developers

Quote Originally Posted by andy343858 View Post
    What functionality are you looking for, exactly? Desktop Manager had a number of utilities.

Motorola just announced Media Link for the Droid. It's only for PCs., but it seems to work well on my wife's computer.
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,822 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    If you're referring to the ability to sync your Outlook with your Droid, the answer is "sort of".

There's CompanionLink which looks like it will do all for around $50.

There's also Missing Sync which has many of the needed functionality as "Future Features" unfortunately.

And then there is Google Sync for the grand price of zero.

Of course it requires you to use Gmail.