Gmail and Contacts Sync Issues.

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I've had my Droid since mid December. At first, the sync with Gmail and Conacts was fine. Now, it rarely keeps updated on it's own. I have to manually 'refresh' the gmail several times a day to get updates from Gmail. My Contacts still haven't fully sync'd, no matter how many times I try. I have to manually refresh Gmail before any calendar updates show up.

If I go into Settings, Accounts & Sync, my Gmail account, then manually uncheck then recheck the contacts (to force a sync), I get Sorry! The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. And then I have to force close. It does this every single time I try to update contacts. I have several contact in my Gmail 'All Contacts' that don't show up on the phone. I've gone into the application setting and deleted the data and cache all related to Gmail, but they still don't update correctly. My contact just won't sync correctly.

Any ideas on how I can get Gmail, Contacts, and Calendar (all Gmail account related) to update correctly? It's been doing this for weeks now, and I haven't found any solution that works.

G

GenericMessage

I've had my Droid since mid December. At first, the sync with Gmail and Conacts was fine. Now, it rarely keeps updated on it's own. I have to manually 'refresh' the gmail several times a day to get updates from Gmail. My Contacts still haven't fully sync'd, no matter how many times I try. I have to manually refresh Gmail before any calendar updates show up.

If I go into Settings, Accounts & Sync, my Gmail account, then manually uncheck then recheck the contacts (to force a sync), I get Sorry! The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. And then I have to force close. It does this every single time I try to update contacts. I have several contact in my Gmail 'All Contacts' that don't show up on the phone. I've gone into the application setting and deleted the data and cache all related to Gmail, but they still don't update correctly. My contact just won't sync correctly.

Any ideas on how I can get Gmail, Contacts, and Calendar (all Gmail account related) to update correctly? It's been doing this for weeks now, and I haven't found any solution that works.

Sounds like its time to replace the droid with another WORKING droid!

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
It had nothing to do with the Gmail issue the other day. It's been happening for weeks. A hard reset (to factory original settings) seems to have fixed it. Now I can't get Hotmail to update correct, but that's a minor issue.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
It had nothing to do with the Gmail issue the other day. It's been happening for weeks. A hard reset (to factory original settings) seems to have fixed it. Now I can't get Hotmail to update correct, but that's a minor issue.

what exactly do u mean by hard reset?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital