1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New droid user, Looking for guidance

Hi all,

Just switched to the Droid from a BlackBerry Storm. Not going to get into the usual "why doesn't my phone do this" it's a pretty big adjustment. I'm just looking for some guidance on the best apps for a new user. Also trying to find a good weather/clock widget for the home screen. Thanks!

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWiz/ ParanoidAndroid

check out the FAQ at the top of the droid forum page... its got a lot of the answers ur looking for usage. i recommend beautiful widgets for a clock/weather app it looks great and is customizable. also weather widget is nice its free to try but the donate version is a lot better. what kind of apps r u lookin for?

Beutiful widgets for weather and clock 99 cents but well worth it.

Try looking at the apps forum and just snooping around for about 30 min. you will find all you need and more.

Welcome to DROID world. Some much better then putting up with the Crap Storm.
    If your alive today.... It's because God created you...
    and Jack Bauer saved your life.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Any options for a good on screen keyboard?

your stock keyboard isn't good enough?? lol..alot of people like "Better Keyboard" but personally I've never tried it..
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Coming from the storm 1 of the few things it was good at was on screen typing. I'll look up Better Keyboard

You may also want to look into SlideIT, I used swype keyboard for a while, thought it was nice, but SlideIT is similar to swype

I use Shapewriter now for my small keyboard, and force myself to use the hardware keyboard to get used to it. I didnt enjoy it much on the first couple of days using it, but have since started to become more efficient...
    Peter
    Motorola Milestone OS 2.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by duffer900 View Post
    I use Shapewriter now for my small keyboard, and force myself to use the hardware keyboard to get used to it. I didnt enjoy it much on the first couple of days using it, but have since started to become more efficient...
    Haven't heard of Shapewriter before, looks like SlideIT, but free. Nice find

subscribing to this thread. also just switched from a blackberry storm.

Quote Originally Posted by popsc.comp View Post
    Haven't heard of Shapewriter before, looks like SlideIT, but free. Nice find
    No paid Apps in Canada yet.... Helps find these apps!

We are hopeful that we will have some soon!
    Peter
    Motorola Milestone OS 2.0.1