2.1 launcher(s) won't work.

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
A while ago I added the 2.1 launcher to my 2.0.1 Droid. It worked very well until a couple of days ago, when the option screen (Home or launcher) stopped coming up, and I have yet to figure out how to get my launcher set up back.

I've done the following:

reinstalled 2.0.1

reinstalled the nexus 2.1 apps for a non-rooted droid.

uninstalled and reinstalled both the launcher2 and launcher2.app.

But when I go through astro>open app manager>launch I get "Activity Not Found - com.andoid.launcher2"

Obviously, I screwed up some setting or something. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Chillout

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I ran into that same issue with the same error message. I tried installing each of the new launchers and after a couple days on each one, my phone started getting massive FC's and lagging big time. Then the launcher just stopped working all together and wouldn't do anything. It was still there but I could no longer navigate any of the screens. I pulled out the battery and rebooted the phone back up. Fortunately I was able to get through the monster lag long enough to unistall the launcher and delete the downloaded file.

I rebooted phone again and all worked normal thank goodness. After having similar issues with all the 2.1 launchers that have released so far I decided to go back to stock and I just began using Better Cut and Apps Organizer to keep myself organized and that has been working great so far. The only lag I get is occasional lag because Beautiful Widgets seems to slow me down some but it's not much so I can deal with because the app is cool. (and yes I removed it from my task killer).

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I"m having issues with it too, using the smoked glass rom the launcher kept causing my phone to reboot at random so i just gave up on it and went back to 2.0.1.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1