How do I delete ALL my Gmail from the Phone?

Shine Walker

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I am using the GMail app and have accumulated many months worth of messages. Now I just want to get rid of them all to free up some memory on my phone. I really don't want to have to check and delete each message individually. Isn't there some way to batch delete all my mail? What if I just uninstalled the GMail app, would that do it?

Send. Answer. To. My. Gmail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maximusnights

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I know the email I have is supposed to be synced with my email on the internet that I access through PC or MAC right and I know this is true to some extent because when I was at work and started deleting them one by one and got to deleting about 350 messages on my cell phone. when I looked on to my email with my computer I only had one message. but when I looked at my cell phone there was still about 2800 messages left. It seems this question comes up a lot I have found it in at least 20 different places backtracked for a couple years before this so why has nothing been done about it on Google's behalf?

bgrv

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a question. My ex boyfriend kept my phone and is using it with my gmail account on the phone how do I remove my account from the phone?

JKJunior

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
If you use the side loaded Email app on your DROID, register your Gmail account, then press the 3 buttons on the top right and select 'Delete all' Hope this helps.

Ironman2U

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
You're welcome.

And you bring up a great point - Google needs to have better batch controls on our handsets. It's little things that are needed to keep up in this business, and i hope Google listens and tries to implement them. A menu item for select all -> archive can't be that hard to code.

Absolutely! Gmail has been popular for how long?! I hope they update as many are solely using their phone for email. Not I, but many I know.

reble1

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
The only way that I know to solve your problem is to report it to Gmail and delete that email account on the Gmail web page then make a new Gmail account.

Steve

I have a question. My ex boyfriend kept my phone and is using it with my gmail account on the phone how do I remove my account from the phone?

simon harding

Jun 19, 2018
Visit site
To delete many emails at once using Android device;

Open incognito tab in Chrome,

Click menu (3 horizontal lines) to the left,
Scroll to the bottom of menu,
See "view Gmail in:" ,
Select "Desktop"

Now while in desktop mode,
Tick the box at the top of the listed emails.
This selects all displayed on the page and then delete or whatever.

I have multiple email accounts, and without going into incognito I could only access my main account. You may not need to go incognito.