Homescreen Dock

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for a good dock for the homescreen. All I really want is maybe a settings button, phone button and contacts button. Any suggestions?

TheReclinerJockey

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
If you wanted to use a home replacement, dxTop gives you a 5 icon dock and two buckets (all apps you can organize & task manager). You can add any app or 1x1 widgets to the dock which makes it VERY nice.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
4417986469_9003b69f3b_o.png

Home++ will give you a extra bottom dock and up to 7 screens. Its free and works good.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2687/4417986469_9003b69f3b_o.png

Last edited:

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm running 5 (7 was just insane for me to navigate)... now I just need to figure out how to change the four proggies in the lower dock. I know it can be done... just need to figure out what to put in there instead of the stock values.

MisterEich

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm running 5 (7 was just insane for me to navigate)... now I just need to figure out how to change the four proggies in the lower dock. I know it can be done... just need to figure out what to put in there instead of the stock values.

All you do is long press and drag whatever you want. Pretty cool.

that1bb

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Wow, helix was a great find. Thanks for sharing that. By far the fastest home screen replacement I have tried, and I have tried a few. It is stable too.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
once the 2.1 rollout for Droid happens, will these home replacements still work? or will updates be needed for them?

Like any other app some will some wont but i think that since these hook into the OS the way they do it is more likely that they will. Anyone tested them on a rooted 2.1 yet?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Helix was DEFINITELY the way to go for me. I tried Home++ but it seemed a little laggy and it crashed occasionally. Thanks!

I've tried both on my droid Home++ slowed the phone down to a crawl and Helix did the same (even when I used the regular Home launcher) and ultumately made the phone lock up and crash. Following a reboot the phone did the same thing so I removed it and rebooted again. I'm not rooted, I run the stock OS.