:( It's gone...

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
My Droid is dead. I don't know exactly what happened, but it's gone. Lifeless. VZW won't replace it because there is a crack in the glass over the screen. So I have to pay an $89 deductible and make an insurance claim. Which means I am without a cell phone until Monday.

I can't even reset the phone because it won't turn on anymore. So hopefully all of my information will be safely removed from the phone..

My Droid is dead..

ai4281

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
How did you crack the glass in the first place? I thought Droid's screen was second only to diamonds in durability...

Anyway, I hope you get a new phone soon. My condolences...

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
this is a sad day for everybody. We should wear little black arm bands with greeen Android robot characters on them when we hear horrible stories like this.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
How did you crack the glass in the first place? I thought Droid's screen was second only to diamonds in durability...

Anyway, I hope you get a new phone soon. My condolences...

I dropped the phone one day a couple months ago, and when I picked it up there was a crack in the glass going from just under the menu button all the way up to the top right corner.

crazyguera12

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Sad weekend...

I can see how this must be one of the hardest weekends of your life....i am totally down for the black Android arm bands....represent the Droid.

IAmTTim

Dec 26, 2008
smirkandsmile.blogspot.com
He was such a good DROID, sorry I didn't get to know him better. Its just really tough to know what to say to someone @ times like these, but to know him was to love him. I hope he's in a better place now. I'm praying for you.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Thank you. Thank you all. It was a really hard shift at work tonight, and I have another one tomorrow. Monday can't get here soon enough...

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
My Droid is dead. I don't know exactly what happened, but it's gone. Lifeless. ....

That sucks man. But I think I might know what happend...

I dropped the phone one day a couple months ago, and when I picked it up there was a crack in the glass going from just under the menu button all the way up to the top right corner.

Pretty sure that might have something to do with it. Once you crack your screen, it's the begining of the end, even the smallest crack can grow, and the LDC panel below becomes damaged and dies. Your phone may actually be working, but your screen is definately shot, which makes a touchscreen phone useless.

Sorry, at least you have the insurance though, and don't have to shell out the $560 to buy a new one at retail price as a replacement.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Pretty sure that might have something to do with it. Once you crack your screen, it's the begining of the end, even the smallest crack can grow, and the LDC panel below becomes damaged and dies. Your phone may actually be working, but your screen is definately shot, which makes a touchscreen phone useless.

Sorry, at least you have the insurance though, and don't have to shell out the $560 to buy a new one at retail price as a replacement.

You think so? Even if it won't turn on? At all? It's pretty much a paperweight a this point...

Well... TODAY IS THE DAY! My new Droid comes today!!!!! This was a really hard weekend, and I only got through it thanks to all the well wishes! You know, I never realized how much I use my phone until this happened. I found myself putting my hand in my pocket constantly, trying to grab my phone, only to find that it wasn't there.

I'm so excited!! It should be here any hour!!!!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
A few years ago I spilled coffee on my Blackberry and had to go a couple of days without a phone which was very hard. You really don't know how much you relay on your phone until you have to go without it.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Man, these stories really make me wish that I bought insurance on my phone. But i'm already stretching the budget for $30 a month extra for data, I can't stomach the $8/month extra for insurance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma