College E-Mail Setup

gramirez023

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
How would I setup my college e-mail to my phone, try'ed it, does not work for me. Is there a specific process, I go to Valencia CC if that makes any difference. Thank You for you'r time. :D

gramirez023

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I believe it is web based, but I am not very sure. Is there any way of finding out. I just searched through the internet, but no cigar.

Last edited:

xocarrie

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
See if there is anywhere in the settings that allows mail forwarding. I just have all my school e-mails forwarded to my GMail account so they go right to my phone. :)

kpageisgreat

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
See if there is anywhere in the settings that allows mail forwarding. I just have all my school e-mails forwarded to my GMail account so they go right to my phone. :)

Same for me. We were using webmail and then moved to outlook/windows live so I just continued to forward them to my gmail. Actually easier. In the end I don't know why we didn't move to gmail to begin with cause half the other schools in this area moved there.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
There are definitely instructions on setting up Live@EDU accounts out there.

I believe it is web based, but I am not very sure. Is there any way of finding out. I just searched through the internet, but no cigar.
You can't ask them?

Quick Google search results:
Other E-mail Programs
Many e-mail systems allow outside access via a POP3/SMTP server configuration. For security, reasons we decided to disallow this type of access for the Atlas e-mail system.
If you have questions or concerns about this process, please send an e-mail to oit-security@valenciacc.edu

Sounds like forwarding may be your only option.

Last edited:

xTemptati0n

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue with setting mine up for my college. I needed a specific port for sending messages. I did some investigating and found the port in a notes file by the company that makes the online webmail client.

colecolecole

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Ive been trying to figure this out for a month , i gave up. my school wont give me the port numbers , only email forwarding .

forwarding to gmail works great though

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I would try emailing your college's IT department, asking them if the mail is POP based or IMAP based. Either one should work on your phone.
If you feel like being even more daring, try asking them if they know how to set up your webmail to work for an email app like Apple Mail. That should provide you with all the data you need for setting up a mail account I think.

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
What I did is set my school email to forward to gmail, comes like 5 minutes late but it works great. Now what I cant figure out is acessing my schools website, I keep getting a uportal error with my droid.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
You are in college and you wrote "try'ed" instead of "tried?"

If I were you I'd spend less time on email and more time in English class.

;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle