Android Debug Bridge Stopped Recognizing my Droid 1

dvdfreitag

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been developing applications for a company that i work for, and this afternoon for some reason ADB has stopped recognizing my phone.

Yes it is in debug mode, yes I have tried several times uninstalling and reinstalling the device drivers. Updated all android packages in Eclipse, and tried reinstalling drivers within the SDK, I even tried drivers from Motorola, still nothing.

When I started development, the phone showed up as a "Composite ADB Interface" in device manager, but currently for some reason it appears as simply an "Android ADB Interface".

ADB devices returns nothing in Command Prompt, with the phone connected toggling Debug mode on and off, device manager actually recognizes the changes, but for some reason ADB is still left out of the loop.

With Debug mode off i can still mount the SD card and do anything i could normally, tried restarting both the phone and the computer several times to no avail.

Running Windows 7 64 Bit box. Phone is Rooted, running Project Elite ROM. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

dvdfreitag

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Solved.

Go here, to see, essentially windows found it necessary to uninstall the proper drivers and reinstall improper ones.

Right Click Computer then Manage
Expand Android phone at the top of the list
Right click Android ADB Interface then Update Driver Software
Browse my computer for driver software
Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
Choose USB Composite Device then next

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2