Today we give a moment of silence for my Droid

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
So it finally happened my first and only Droid has died. I did not drop it nor get it wet or anything really.

One second it was sitting on top of my laptop charging from USB then I picked it up noticed it getting hot and I disconnected it and powered it off so it would cool. Later I turned it back on to check my messages and see if I had any texts. It started up and worked for about two minutes then rebooted itself and worked for two minutes yet again and restarted and it was getting very very hot during this whole thing. As of twenty minutes ago it doesn't even start it hangs at the Motorola logo then the screen goes black and Motorola logo yet again and it keeps looping this I can't get it to go into the boot loader anymore or recovery. The phone is completely toast for no reason.

So let us have a moment of silence for my Motorola Droid.

I get my replacement Wednesday.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Hate to hear that.

But nice to read it without any irrational flaming about junk, POS, etc :)

I'm sure the replacement will be just fine.

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Every product has an acceptable failure rate. It just sucks to be part of that small percentage. Long live your Droid.

Last edited:

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Even when I'm able to get a replacement, I would still hate for that to happen to me.

/me bows my head in silence

joels1017

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear, I just recently had my Droid replaced due to a touch screen issue. Took mine to the Verizon store and they replaced it. Back up and running no problem.