MOTO Screen Test: Round 2

AsianBob

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
So MOTO did their screen accuracy test again, this time with a robot. The same one everyone complained about because they used a human finger, which isn't consistant.

They put the DROID at the bottom of the pile (you can guess what got placed on top). Of course the guys at AppleInsider got their hands on it and it's a full round of patting themselves on the back over there and foreseeing a landfill of DROIDs. :rolleyes:

What do you all think? Not a big deal?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I think when you have a group of people making a conscious effort to discredit your products it means only one thing - you're doing it right.

All these touch screen issues are blown out of proportion. The hardware and software were designed to work correctly during actual use rather than give perfect results when used by a robot (or a reporter with an agenda) and they do.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have problems with my touchscreen on my droid cutting out just like MOTO's example.

Often times I have to put in my unlock code 2-3 times because it'll just miss a circle i click on.

iphone definitely has the best touchscreen of any device. I used the 3G and 3GS for over a year and not once did I ever worry about if I was clicking something, missing a beat, or having to re-click.. never.

kalldrexx

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I have problems with my touchscreen on my droid cutting out just like MOTO's example.

Often times I have to put in my unlock code 2-3 times because it'll just miss a circle i click on.

iphone definitely has the best touchscreen of any device. I used the 3G and 3GS for over a year and not once did I ever worry about if I was clicking something, missing a beat, or having to re-click.. never.

I think that's a separate issue. Android seems to have a small lag period when you first wake the phone up, and that lag seems to be what is causing it not to register a circle hit.

From my experience of this happening at least. You can see this by moving your finger around a bunch. It starts off laggy and then gets smoother and smoother.