Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Unable to Send MMS Message with Droid

    Neither Handcent nor regular Messenger will send a simple MMS message with a small photo from the gallery. I never used to have a problem but as of yesterday, neither will work. I've shut off and restarted the phone, to no avail.

    My next step is to uninstall Handcent. If that doesn't work, I'm at a loss. Any ideas?
  2. #2  
    rich67's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts

    Default

    Is it just refusing to send it, or can you not even access that option? It may be that the recipients phone is not allowing it...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
    Is it just refusing to send it, or can you not even access that option? It may be that the recipients phone is not allowing it...
    It won't send it. The little red envelope shows up indicating a failed send. It doesn't matter whether I initiate the process from the messenger app or from the gallery. I uninstalled Handcent and that didn't help.
  4. #4  
    Corey's Avatar

    Posts
    255 Posts
    Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

    Default

    I actually experienced the same thing while using Handcent. It was the big reason I switched over the ChompSMS. For some reason, I just was unable to send an MMS message with a picture attached through Handcent, regardless of the size. I didn't have the problem with ChompSMS, but honestly, I deleted that too and went back to the stock app. But that's another story for another thread.
    Witty euphemism, clever pun.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I actually experienced the same thing while using Handcent. It was the big reason I switched over the ChompSMS. For some reason, I just was unable to send an MMS message with a picture attached through Handcent, regardless of the size. I didn't have the problem with ChompSMS, but honestly, I deleted that too and went back to the stock app. But that's another story for another thread.
    Unfortunately, the stock app won't send MMS messages. I'm beginning to wonder if VZW is having a problem with my account. I'll check with the local tech support.
  6. #6  
    Corey's Avatar

    Posts
    255 Posts
    Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baycruisers View Post
    Unfortunately, the stock app won't send MMS messages. I'm beginning to wonder if VZW is having a problem with my account. I'll check with the local tech support.
    Are you able to receive MMS pics? Is the problem just one way, or two way? Are you getting 3G or 1x reception?
    Witty euphemism, clever pun.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Are you able to receive MMS pics? Is the problem just one way, or two way? Are you getting 3G or 1x reception?
    I checked last night and can't receive MMS either. I'm getting solid 3G reception. I can upload to Facebook and attach pix on email.

    The fact that I can't send/receive MMS suggests to me that it's an issue with VZW and not my phone.
  8. #8  
    Corey's Avatar

    Posts
    255 Posts
    Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

    Default

    Sounds like a call to Verizon may be in order. It may be a bit on the extreme side, but would you be able to do a hard reset? There could be some settings that got goofed up that could be fixed up with a fresh start.
    Witty euphemism, clever pun.
  9. #9  
    Dfresh's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

    Default

    I have the reverse problem I don't get some of my mms message sent to me. I though maybe it was just me but a couple of my friends has the same problem not receiving mms.
  10. #10  

    Default

    We had a similar problem. After stopping at a Verizon store and spending time on the phone with VZ tech support, it was discovered that something on our account was not configured correctly. The issue was fixed and we can send and receive MMS properly now.

    I would recommend calling VZ tech support.

Posting Permissions

B