Contacts and IM's

robertmichael

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I did a few searches but not sure even what to search or ask but I will try to describe my issue (one of many) and see if someone can please help me out.

I have about 180 friends on FB which I have sync'd with my Android with no problems it seems. I can pull up my contacts and all those people are in there plus ones I have added manually.

Now when I click on IM to send a message and I click on the "to" space only a few people show up which are the ones I have added manually but not all my other people that are on FB.. now I know they need a phone # to send an IM to but I have checked many of them and they have a phone # (cell phone #) and I just can't figure out how to make that work.

Now I have to go to contact first, find the person in the list then click them and then IM and then type the message.. it sems it would be better to have it already in the IM list??

Does this make sense?

Thanks

Rob:confused:

robertmichael

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I just figured it out so I figure I would post in case someone else comes across this.

The people that did not show in the contacts when sending an IM had their phone #'s listed as something other than Cell Phone so I assume the IM is not going to try to send to them.. I found one contact that did not show, did an edit and changed in my contacts to a Cell and it worked.

Thanks for looking.. I hope my mistake, find helps someone else.

Thanks

Rob

Romple

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I was wondering why my friend "Rob" didn't auto-populate when I was composing a new text message last night. On my old Blackberry it didn't care if someone's numbers was listed as "work" or "cell". But Rob's number is categorized as "work" so I guess that's why!

Now I get to go through all my contacts and make everything "cell" ? ugh FML! At least I can do that through gmail...

TJohnsonmp01

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Thank you!!! I was just about to call VZW to ask this question to!!! Not very happy about having to go through each one and switch around UGH I agree with you Romple!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax