2 questions

lilwis

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm having trouble organizing the screens on my Droid the way I'd like them.

1. How can I get more than 3 (desktop?) screens that scroll horizontally?
2. How do you re-arrange the icons and folders on a single screen?

With the Iphone you can do both pretty easily but I cannot figure out if it can be done with the Droid.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
To get more then 3 screens you can load a custom rom ( can be difficult if you are new to the process) and there are a few other non stable alternatives.

to arrange icons on the droid, press the icon, hold it til you feel the screen vibrate a bit then move it to desired location, actually very similar to the iphone.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I'm using home++ and get more home screens. very easy to use and its free. might get 1 fc a day. lots of neat options like hiding the top bar. great if your using something like beautiful widgets. also get a neat bottom dock.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
+1 on the Home++, I am apprehensive about rooting my Droid but Home++ gives alot of freedom to add screens and such.

lilwis

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your reply Jared but I think I worded my question poorly.

I'd like to move (actually insert) and icon between two others so that the icon on the right moves to the next position, like the Ipod does. It looks like on the Droid, you must have an open spot, then move the icons around similar to the old children's game where there is one tile open and you have to move all the other tiles to get the image right.

Also I was hoping for more screens because I'd like to organize the droid as I did my Ipod:
one screen for utilities, one for phone apps, one for games, one for web sites, etc etc.
but I think I'll pass on doing a custom rom since I don't know enough about how to do it.

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Also consider getting App Organizer from the Market. It won't give you extra home screens but it will let you easily organize home screen folders to hold and easily get at more of your commonly used apps.

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
try helix launcher in the market, don't bother with the nexus one launcher it's a buggy nightmare (at least for me) Home++ is nice too

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49