Hot processor

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
The processor on my droid has been pretty hot lately and I've had a lot of problems with it, I'm not sure if the processors gone faulty, but what do you recommend i do?

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Nope, not overclocked, and pretty hot is noticeably hot even though I have a case on my phone. I'm pretty sure it's hotter than I've ever noticed before. Also, it seemed like the battery was draining faster than usual.

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Something is working the processor. When my droid is downloading podcasts it gets hot.
Sometimes it also gets hot and I don't know why.
I will reset the phone by turning it off and back on.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
go to home screen / menu / settings / applications / running services

see if there is any app that you don't recognize or looks goofy.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
If this keeps up for more than a day or 2, I would return it before the core gets fragged.

Make sure you back up your apps (Titanium Backup or Astro) to your SD card in case.

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Mine gets really hot if I leave the screen on while it's charging, and I'll usually just take off the back case and let it get some air, I'll even take off the battery door. Sounds crazy but it helps alot.

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Can't decide if I should go in for a replacement or not, noticed A LOT of problems today, it became so bad that I couldn't even turn on the phone without it almost immediately freezing. Could it be because I just rooted today? I have to make a decision between unrooting or just continuing and seeing if a new ROM helps...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair