I don't have a "root" folder on my card, what do I use?

mps623

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
The root "folder" is just what pulls up when you view ur SD card from your comp. Its like the main root to all ur files

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
If you dont know what the "root" diectory is, you may not want to attempt the manual update or try to root your phone.

The root of a file system is the very top level.

To root your phone is to gain super user access.

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
If you dont know what the "root" diectory is, you may not want to attempt the manual update or try to root your phone.

The root of a file system is the very top level.

To root your phone is to gain super user access.

I second this. At least do some research before digging into your phone like that. $20 says the next post is "I bricked my phone! How did this happen?!?!" lol

Please be careful people. I'm a noob to this stuff too but I read article after article and post after post before I ever attempted to root or flash new ROMs or anything.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yeah, I majored in computer science and would say I'm fairly tech savvy but I spent 2 months reading up on everything before I took the plunge. I made sure I knew exactly what I was doing and how to fix it if I managed to screw something up. I did everything manually the first time around, but luckily now there are apps like rom manager and droidmod that will flash recoveries and install the roms. Now the hardest part is copying the file to your sd card.

ebalson42

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the thunderstick 3d rom and i think it fried my sim card. Mobile network wont work. Or I need to flash new radios to which i cant access when i put it on my sd card

sklloyd182

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I would say lay off the guy for asking the question. It may not be that obvious to some people first starting to figure this stuff out and at least this thread would provide an answer to the question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance