Case Recomendation for Droid?

spierce7

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, just switched over to Droid from Blackberry Tour. Like it so far, but I'd like to get a case that doesn't add a bunch of extra size, yet still adequately protects the phone. What would you recommend?

Side note: I searched but didn't really find anything. I'm sure it's there, but I got lazy. :)

~Scott

trjlangdon

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Seidio Innocase Surface is a great case. Good protection, feel, and minimal bulk. If you use the OEM multimedia dock, be aware that if you use this case (or any case really) it will not fit. I wasn't thinking and bought my dock with the phone only to realize later that a case would render it useless. Luckily Seidio sells their own dock that allows you to use both simultaneously.

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Also, I currently have the Seidio Innocase, it's about the same price. Nice case, no complaints. Mine is for the extended battery version, but same thing. Well made.

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure it's gonna be cool. I may go ahead and try it when I break this one.

I was gonna wait for Otterbox and then decided I wanted the Seidio ext batt and their docks etc. Now, I don't even use the media dock. Too bright in the bedroom. Hah...

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Another vote here for the Seidio Innocase. It's really a well done case that looks good and isn't a bulky mess. I just wish the Innotraveler Car Kit wasn't $50. Ouch. I'll spring for it one day, but that's a hard $50 to part with right now.

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Seidio Innocase definitely. There are some reviews floating around saying that the front piece didn't fit, apparently Seidio manufactured some duds, but I think that problem has been corrected now.

spierce7

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Alright, it's settled since that's what I was leaning towards anyways! I'm just gonna go ahead and buy the Seidio Innocase. Thanks everyone!

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Have you compared the Otterbox to the Seidio? Otterbox nicer?

I have the Seidio, but always really liked my Otterboxes.

Everytime I knock it off the nightstand, the faceplate flies off. It's not on there "really" tight. But of course the back is "quite" tight and hard to get off since of course I wanna change batteries on long days at work, haha..

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Seidio Innocase Surface is a great case. Good protection, feel, and minimal bulk. If you use the OEM multimedia dock, be aware that if you use this case (or any case really) it will not fit. I wasn't thinking and bought my dock with the phone only to realize later that a case would render it useless. Luckily Seidio sells their own dock that allows you to use both simultaneously.

I have the Innocase Surface and Seidio's side case that works with the Surface. I love both of them. I haven't sprung for Seidio's dock, but I'm sure it's a quality product.

The Innocase Surface is thin but offers good protection. The side case is heavy duty leather. The magnetic snap does not send it into dock mode. Both are highly recommended.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Have you compared the Otterbox to the Seidio? Otterbox nicer?

I have the Seidio, but always really liked my Otterboxes.

Everytime I knock it off the nightstand, the faceplate flies off. It's not on there "really" tight. But of course the back is "quite" tight and hard to get off since of course I wanna change batteries on long days at work, haha..

Otterbox will surprise you. I don't want to test, but it feels like I could drop this sucker from 10' onto concrete and it would be no worse for wear. I tried dropping it from 4' on the back and the front, this case handles it like a champ. The front case is hard, but it seems to have more strategic snaps on it that don't go far enough in to interfere with the slider mechanism. With the right snap being lifted they all break loose, but it stays on really well.

I have the Seidio holser/case combo and I'm probably converted to the Otterbox. It's far better protected.

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Oh, you do have the Seidio innocase and are now sold on the Otterbox... Well, that says a lot. I knew the otter box would be nice.

Sucks, I have about 105 bucks in the seidio Innocase extended battery, Innocase, and the media dock.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Oh, you do have the Seidio innocase and are now sold on the Otterbox... Well, that says a lot. I knew the otter box would be nice.

Sucks, I have about 105 bucks in the seidio Innocase extended battery, Innocase, and the media dock.

It's mainly because of the silicone under the snapon plastic. They really did it slick, it has far more shock absorption to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae